Aug 07, 2016, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
Hi Leo, anything new? I heard you maybe getting some new molds. Maybe the S&W Brushfire mold?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2016, 02:16 PM
www.rcmissouri.com
Ralph,

I do have the S&W Hobby Supply Brushfire molds which include a fiberglass rudder mold. My web site should be updated this coming week with the first 10 planes/kits that are available now. Many more to follow.

Leo
Ballistic Aircraft Co., LLC
Aug 14, 2016, 06:58 PM

Bob Violett Shrike Kit

Sometime back Leo said he was going to produce kits of Bob Violett's Shrike so I emailed him expressing my interest. He replied back and told me he would put me on the list and let me know when the kits would be available.

Last week I received an email from Leo telling me to check his site in a few days that several planes, including the Shrike would be available, so I checked everyday. As promised in a few days the site had many A/C up with pricing and I contacted B.A.C. (Ballistic Aircraft Company) right away to order my kit. My computer email was, and still is jacked, so I called the # listed and got Leo on the phone. He told me he had one ready to go and it was mine. When I got to my iPad (only way to send email right now) I sent my shipping address and contact info so he could send me a total for the kit, wood package, and shipping, the next day Leo sent me my total and a picture of the First New Shrike Kit produced and sold in longer than I can remember.

Its always a pleasure doing business with people who care about their products and the customer and I can tell you so far I have been made to feel very special!!!! I can't wait for Santa (FedEx) to show up at my door with something I have wished for for a LONG time.

Kirk
Last edited by LOVECUB; Aug 14, 2016 at 07:01 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Aug 14, 2016, 07:06 PM
Just say no to quadcopters
That is one good looking kit indeed!
Aug 16, 2016, 08:08 PM
KM6UBL
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVECUB
Sometime back Leo said he was going to produce kits of Bob Violett's Shrike so I emailed him expressing my interest. He replied back and told me he would put me on the list and let me know when the kits would be available.

Last week I received an email from Leo telling me to check his site in a few days that several planes, including the Shrike would be available, so I checked everyday. As promised in a few days the site had many A/C up with pricing and I contacted B.A.C. (Ballistic Aircraft Company) right away to order my kit. My computer email was, and still is jacked, so I called the # listed and got Leo on the phone. He told me he had one ready to go and it was mine. When I got to my iPad (only way to send email right now) I sent my shipping address and contact info so he could send me a total for the kit, wood package, and shipping, the next day Leo sent me my total and a picture of the First New Shrike Kit produced and sold in longer than I can remember.

Its always a pleasure doing business with people who care about their products and the customer and I can tell you so far I have been made to feel very special!!!! I can't wait for Santa (FedEx) to show up at my door with something I have wished for for a LONG time.

Kirk
That is Leo in action. You will not spend your hobby dollar any where else and get as satisfying a return. He sets the bar IMO.

Robert
Aug 18, 2016, 04:31 PM

Santa was here, santa was here!!!

I came home today to find Santa had visited my house while I was away. As many of you are aware I ordered the first Bob Violett Shrike from Ballistic Aircraft Company last week and was going to receive shipment in the near future. Well the future is now as they say and it arrived in record time! As promised to several people I will try to post pics of the unpacking.

Let me say first off this kit was put together and packed with great care. On the inside of the box I found air pillows, foam peanuts, foam chunks, paper, and of course the kit it self. The box was well taped with regular packing tape along with reinforced tape at major points and marked very well.

The plane kit is very well done and the wood kit I ordered had some very nice wood and was packed in shrink wrap which kept it from being damaged by smashing against a bunch of lose wood. The Fuselage is pre-primed and at first look I didn't see any pinholes at all. It seems straight and the halves are joined well and weight not at all that bad compared to plane kits made back in the day.

The wings and stab cores seem to be very nice and should sheet well and mate up with little effort.

These are just a few quick impressions as I unpacked the plane but up to this point I have to say I am very pleased with what I received. Feel free to ask any questions as I love to talk airplanes

Kirk
Aug 18, 2016, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVECUB
. . . . . . Feel free to ask any questions as I love to talk airplanes

Kirk
As a very wise man once told me, be careful of what you ask for because you may just get it. . . . . LOL
Aug 19, 2016, 05:24 PM
CPA #100
congrats on the kit. From here the quality looks really great.

Looking forward to the build.

That is if your going to do a thread on it.

Paul
Aug 20, 2016, 02:46 PM
I received Leo's Phoenix 8 and it's an amazing kit. Very pleased. Just not pleased I haven't started it yet.....but looks darn good on my bench!
Sep 10, 2016, 03:55 PM
I just received a T2A kit from Leo. Its such a nice kit that I have done something I haven't done in years. I started it right away!
Gary
Sep 15, 2016, 02:54 PM
Well Gang, I am privileged to weigh in here as well. I have never met Leo except over the phone but I did buy some kits from his collection a while back. I ordered and received a Super Curare and a Tiporare, 2 old school pattern ships that I have not yet owned. The fiberglass work is impeccable and the supporting patterns and instructions make me think these old classics will go together quickly and perfectly straight. Like others I cannot say enough about how perfect, straight and free of pin holes the fuses are. In addition Leo sent me updates more or less everyday> That was unexpected and very cool. I can't wait to get started and report on the flying characteristics but we all know how wonderfully these designs fly. I want to personally thank Leo. I really feel like I bought and own something special and something rare.
And made in the good ol US of A by a true craftsman who loves what he does. It shows.
Sep 15, 2016, 03:37 PM
www.rcmissouri.com

Visit To Ballistic Aircraft Company

Gentlemen,

I appreciate your compliments. Thank you. The Patricia and T2A MK II kits will be ready in about a week. Pricing will be posted at that time.

Many more on the way. Look for BAC carbon fiber tuned pipes first quarter of 2017 using tooling from a well known company.

Leo
Ballistic Aircraft Co.
Sep 15, 2016, 04:24 PM
Hey Leo,
Wow more great news about the CF pipes! Will you be making them in sizes larger than 60?
Thanks for your efforts!
-Will
Sep 15, 2016, 06:20 PM
www.rcmissouri.com
Will,

There is the possibility of additional tooling for larger pipes in the future.

Leo
Ballistic Aircraft Co.
Oct 01, 2016, 10:22 AM
www.rcmissouri.com

Visit To Ballistic Aircraft Company

Guys,

My T2A MK II kits are now in production. The web site will be updated shortly.

Leo
Ballistic Aircraft Company

Quick Reply