Apr 19, 2017, 08:06 PM
www.rcmissouri.com
Rafy,

Looking forward to your build thread.

Leo
Ballistic Aircraft Company, LLC
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2017, 09:05 PM
Leo: After a long trip from the US, I have received a T2A-MkII kit. After opening the box I got very well impressed with the packing job. Every piece is safely wrapped. I examined the kit carefully and found a beautiful airframe. The finish is wonderful and no pinholes can be found. The fuselaje halves seam is leveled and just a small amount of putty will be necessary. The foam wing panels are perfectly cut and the foam quality te best. I hope to start building it after I finish two other classic pattern kits .
Apr 24, 2017, 09:21 PM
JOE MOCERI
Welcome to the pattern forum on RCG gvelez.
The T2A is a awesome looking airplane. That is some distance it has traveled already and when done will have a lot of air miles of its own. Have fun with your build and please keep us all up to date on your progress.

Joe
Apr 25, 2017, 03:38 PM
www.rcmissouri.com
Hello German,

I'm glad the T2A MK II made it safely to you and that you are pleased. Looking forward to your build.

Leo
Apr 27, 2017, 03:37 PM

Love the T2-40

Leo... About 2 years ago I e-mailed you regarding the T2-40 and you let me know that you had the plug but that you were to busy with other projects and that it was not in the pipeline at the time (and I do appreciate you having being frank with me). Is there any hope for a T2-40 within the next 2 years? Was my 1st ever pattern airplane and as such I have a soft spot for it. I do know you are one busy guy and that 60 sized pattern planes sell better, but hey.... just asking.
Apr 27, 2017, 04:05 PM
www.rcmissouri.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC YEAGER
Leo... About 2 years ago I e-mailed you regarding the T2-40 and you let me know that you had the plug but that you were to busy with other projects and that it was not in the pipeline at the time (and I do appreciate you having being frank with me). Is there any hope for a T2-40 within the next 2 years? Was my 1st ever pattern airplane and as such I have a soft spot for it. I do know you are one busy guy and that 60 sized pattern planes sell better, but hey.... just asking.

RC YEAGER,

With the demand for the .60 size and larger airplanes I have right now, the T2-40 is not slated for production. It will happen at some point down the road. Yes, I am very busy.

Leo
Apr 27, 2017, 04:42 PM
Okay
Apr 29, 2017, 10:29 AM
www.rcmissouri.com
Guys,

The BAC LA-2 kit is now in production.

Leo
May 04, 2017, 03:41 PM
Thread OP
It's like eye candy....hmmm one to add to the wish list!
May 06, 2017, 11:41 AM
www.rcmissouri.com
Guys,

The Ballistic Aircraft Company T2A MK IV is now in production. Great lines on the MK IV.

Leo
May 06, 2017, 05:56 PM
Well done Leo.
Last edited by bradl7112; May 06, 2017 at 06:24 PM.
May 06, 2017, 09:44 PM
Looking good Leo.
May 09, 2017, 06:48 PM
Received my Ivan Kristensen BAC Summit III. Beautifully done kit, very well packed for transcontinental journey! The foam cutting is clean and crisp and the fibreglass work is like art. Thank you Leo!

My original one in 1993 had a YS61. This time round most likely a OS 490kv electric motor, 5S and electric retracts.

Nostalgia is a great journey about to begin.
May 09, 2017, 11:14 PM
Raised on 80's Pattern
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opvaulet
Received my Ivan Kristensen BAC Summit III. Beautifully done kit, very well packed for transcontinental journey! The foam cutting is clean and crisp and the fibreglass work is like art. Thank you Leo!

My original one in 1993 had a YS61. This time round most likely a OS 490kv electric motor, 5S and electric retracts.

Nostalgia is a great journey about to begin.
Envious of your Summit. I've loved that plane since Ivan brought his here to So Cal many years ago. (See photo)

I'm a big EPower fan and I think the Summit is ripe for the conversion. See my Conquest IVE thread for some ideas.

I really think that 5S won't get you there. 6s seems to be the sweet spot. Your challenge with the Summit and most classics is prop size. I run a 13 x 8 and have very little clearance. You are never going to get there with 5S in my opinion.

Regardless, I hope you share your build with us.

Good luck, I'll be watching.

Doug
May 09, 2017, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherof4
Envious of your Summit. I've loved that plane since Ivan brought his here to So Cal many years ago. (See photo)

I'm a big EPower fan and I think the Summit is ripe for the conversion. See my Conquest IVE thread for some ideas.

I really think that 5S won't get you there. 6s seems to be the sweet spot. Your challenge with the Summit and most classics is prop size. I run a 13 x 8 and have very little clearance. You are never going to get there with 5S in my opinion.

Regardless, I hope you share your build with us.

Good luck, I'll be watching.

Doug
Thanks Doug. I agree with you, so 6s is an easy option too. We have been flying a heavy MK Arrow60 with 5s and APC12x12 eprop which performs quite well. When I flew the Summit in the 90's I used the APC 12x11 with a YS61. I then went to 13x10 which had very little ground clearance. So I might be able to try the APC 13x8 or 10 e-prop too.

Quick Reply