Sep 09, 2016, 07:57 PM
That is the video that convinced me to try autogyros. I must have watched it 50 times! And obviously the inspiration for my very own DAG 60.

Tim, that is an adjustable nylon motor mount. I believe it is a Great Planes that I purchased from Tower Hobbies (I'm out of town right now so I can't check). To be honest I'm not crazy about it. It pushes the engine further from the firewall than using the style with two separate "T" mounts. But it has worked flawlessly. I just feel it's a bit clunky.

Bryan
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2016, 03:10 AM
Ok thanks Bryan, I looked for the separate T mounts but they are hard to get here and I am not going to fork out 50 plus for the DuBro ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sep 10, 2016, 06:18 AM
Tim, here is the mount I used:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXATG7&P=M

It's $8.99 at Tower Hobbies.

Like I said, it has worked fine. To be honest, I was fat and happy with it until I saw a friend's install with just "T" style mounts. His setup just looked much cleaner than mine.

Bryan
Sep 11, 2016, 04:08 AM

Finally!!

I agree it looks a might clumsy but I can find no one in this part of the planet apart from du bro that does a T mount so i will go with the HK nylon one. If anyone can point me towards a supplier please jump in. At least that will get the motor on the front so once I have sourced some alloy for the legs the basic radio etc layout can commence.

Last edited by BigTradioman; Sep 12, 2016 at 02:35 AM.
Sep 15, 2016, 08:33 PM
Here is my build, I have been working on it for over 6 months. This is my first scratch build. I'm planning on using the DLE 20 to.
Sep 16, 2016, 04:28 PM
The 1st Sofaman
Looks awesome!!!!
Sep 20, 2016, 07:31 PM
That's two good looking projects. I hope to see both of them flying soon.

Bryan
Sep 21, 2016, 02:13 AM
Progress ids very slow here at the moment due to other commitments. I am in the middle,of mounting the motor and throttle controls just now. I have tried sourcing some of the alloy for the undercart without any success. I will probably have to go for the softer version but a bit thicker. Found a cowl and spats from Vortex in the U.K.

Sep 27, 2016, 11:57 AM

Finally!!

Caramba this thing is getting Porky! In its current state it weighs in at 7lb 3oz. Still a ways to go but I have decided on satin Solartex and a colour (color) and decals. Cowl and spats on their way. Hang angle looks ok at the moment but I need to decide on elevator and ruder servo positions. I have made a servo tray behind the mast (Andy), also provision for putting them and batteries up the back end (Rich H). Rudder and tailplane are removable and there is also a big hatch up front so I can get at the fuel tank (Bryan). [IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160927/c031913312837d388e854582b545bc1e.jpg[/

DAG 60 head (0 min 44 sec)

Last edited by BigTradioman; Sep 27, 2016 at 12:57 PM.
Sep 27, 2016, 10:21 PM
The 1st Sofaman
7 pounds is great!

12lbs is about the heaviest I have seen fly.

Relax...you are doing well!
Sep 28, 2016, 02:27 AM
😇👍 thanks

Sep 28, 2016, 03:14 AM
The 1st Sofaman
In bed from more spinal shot. I want to get mine done s bad! Will send picks soon!

Dave Surace
Sep 28, 2016, 05:49 PM
Looking good Big T. That motor looks familiar. Remember, it's not noise.....it's the sound of freedom!

Mine is around 11 pounds and flies great.

Get better soon Dave. By the way, where are you in NJ? I have some training in Parsippany the middle of October.

Bryan
Sep 28, 2016, 08:20 PM
Hey Dave....Hope your feeling better soon.......
Chris...
Oct 06, 2016, 06:59 AM
So I have had the first "Dangle" after covering and installing motor and some hardware, just to get a feel of where the heavy stuff will need to go and I am coming up with about 18 to 20 degrees. Bearing in mind this is without fuel, batteries, cowl, rotors, rudder and elevator servos. Experience tells me that may be a tad nose heavy but a good place to start. Comments please?