Super fun first-weekend at FAW! - RC Groups
Jun 26, 2016, 03:03 PM

Super fun first-weekend at FAW!

First club meeting on Tuesday. Then this Saturday brought my fun cub out. One of the pro's (name escapes me) helped me get my cub checked out then he took it up for a maiden. Everything was dialed in and he brought it in after a buddy crashed.

I had the runway to myself and I was doing some taxi tests and decided to give it a little gas. And just like that, my first solo! 5 or 6 trips around the pattern and then a nice little landing on the grass. I then proceeded to fly 4 packs with 1/4 throttle. A little tip stall on my last landing of the day and some minor nose surgery.

Sunday AM, 4 packs with lots of controlled but sloppy touch-n-go's. It was fun flying in the little wind gusts. I'll admit that I used by gyro in rate mode to help me out a bit.

All in all I'm delighted to have joined FAW and am enjoying getting to know some folks. Thanks everyone for your patience as I learn to fly the pattern with my 5-mph foam cub. And thank you for putting up with my new guy questions!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2016, 11:07 PM
Welcome to the club and great to have you in the air with us!
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondofresh
First club meeting on Tuesday. Then this Saturday brought my fun cub out. One of the pro's (name escapes me) helped me get my cub checked out then he took it up for a maiden. Everything was dialed in and he brought it in after a buddy crashed.

I had the runway to myself and I was doing some taxi tests and decided to give it a little gas. And just like that, my first solo! 5 or 6 trips around the pattern and then a nice little landing on the grass. I then proceeded to fly 4 packs with 1/4 throttle. A little tip stall on my last landing of the day and some minor nose surgery.

Sunday AM, 4 packs with lots of controlled but sloppy touch-n-go's. It was fun flying in the little wind gusts. I'll admit that I used by gyro in rate mode to help me out a bit.

All in all I'm delighted to have joined FAW and am enjoying getting to know some folks. Thanks everyone for your patience as I learn to fly the pattern with my 5-mph foam cub. And thank you for putting up with my new guy questions!
Jun 27, 2016, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the club! I didn't get to fly this past weekend, I'm glad you are having fun at the field .

Ivan