This thread is privately moderated by Pappyjkns, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 26, 2016, 08:43 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

R/C Diary Pt. 21 “ When Life Deals You Lemons”

June 25/16

Today was supposed to be a scheduled “A.L.E.S." contest. Well, that was the plan anyway, It was to be our first contest at our new field location. It was a perfect summer day for an r/c flying contest. Bright sunny skies, light winds from the northeast, temperatures in the 24-29 C range, couldn't ask for better conditions.

I arrived at the field at 8:15 am, already the club prez and the contest director were hard at work setting up shade canopies, laying out the pit area and setting up the flight line. I brought my canopy and table and set them up as well. By 8:45 am we were ready to let the games begin!

Only one problem……no contestants!! W.T.H.? In retrospect, there was so much going on this weekend, a large scale r/c event in nearby Stoney Creek, an r/c tow plane & glider event in Fergus, just to name a few. I guess we should have expected a poor turnout but to be honest, our club has always had good participation at previous events. By 10:00 am. there was only four pilots in attendance plus one other member & his wife who turned out just to see the new field. Also, yours truly with nothing to fly and only my camera in hand…..bummer!

At this point, the CD said “you know what?” “I think we shall just have a Fun Fly and enjoy ourselves!” What a great idea! So that is what we did.

We had such an enjoyable morning! The four pilots got to practice their landings and fine tune their aircraft while I got to practice my r/c photography….a win-win!

By 1 am. it was getting hot and we decided that was it for day! Everyone got in some prime flying time, excellent repartee with fellow r/c’ers and no plane was injured….what more could you ask for?

So remember…..next time life serves you up a great big helping of lemons….turn it around and make the most of it!

I took almost 295 pixs and had to boil it down to just a few....probably downloaded too many......my bad!

As always, thanks for taking the time to read my blog.....any comments are always welcome!

Keep flying and smilin’

Cheers!

Lyle
Last edited by Pappyjkns; Jul 04, 2016 at 07:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply