Apr 01, 2017, 03:10 PM
Good advice, been using without gps. It flies fine,, between repairs!! I'll take a look at the cli parameters.

Also
makes sense that the gps is way too close to interference to be very useful. Did observe "3d lock" on cleanflight, but not while running. Maybe will spin up motors then look at gps and mag.

Probably academic, but i get the urge to try it cause its there. These don't always end well...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2017, 03:50 PM
Reportbuttonsnitch
I've transplated the gps unit on a plane running iNav - it loses fix in flight and that with only one tiny 1306 motor running...
Apr 01, 2017, 05:04 PM
Ok, thanks for the info. One if my original plans for the assasin was to get accustomed to fpv goggle flying on a tame platform. That appears to be unrealistic on this platform, but now that I have the goggles I can put a transmitter on my apm flamewheel which pretty much flies itself! That'll give me some practice. Never envisioned myself being a "racer", so I can use the assasin for fun flying until (or if) I get brave enough to fly it full fpv!
Apr 02, 2017, 01:19 AM
Reportbuttonsnitch
At least you can use angle mode to bail out of those "oh sh*t" moments.
May 09, 2017, 01:03 PM
I'm hoping to find some help... I got the Assassin v2 and used cleanflight to update the firmware and then restored the original settings via CLI. But now it does not respond to the transmitter. According to Cleanflight, when I increase throttle, then Aux 1 increases, but nothing changes with the throttle. I cannot arm the motors at all. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? TIA.
May 19, 2017, 09:12 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Sorry I overlooked this. Please post a screenshot of your receiver settings, maybe we can see what's wrong.
May 19, 2017, 12:48 PM
Still fatally flawed. I have a brand new one. I've taken it out of the box and looked it over, never fired up the motors. It needs a rx and tx. I'd sell cheap within USA.
May 19, 2017, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Sorry I overlooked this. Please post a screenshot of your receiver settings, maybe we can see what's wrong.
Thanks so much! Here I am increasing the throttle - which increases Aux 1 and there is no throttle response on the quad

May 20, 2017, 04:43 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefner413
Thanks so much! Here I am increasing the throttle - which increases Aux 1 and there is no throttle response on the quad

Can you also scroll down on that screen, and show what the receiver type you selected is set to? PPM, PWM, Sbus, etc... Also, did you buy this RTF or ARF and installed your own receiver?
Today, 06:20 AM
ME TOO!

This is the second thread i've found with someone experiencing the same issue.
Bought the Assassin 180 v2 recently, performed a firmware update so i could use CleanFlight (v2.0.2)
Tried to restore the original settings using CLI.
Got a whole heap of "invalid name"
Now it won't do anything.
Throttle moves Aux 1 and the left horizontal stick Aux 2
Aux 3 and 4 show up when using the VRA and VRB, but nothing else moves.

Is anyone here using CleanFlight v2.0.2 (the latest) on their Assassin 180 v2?
If so, are you willing to share your setup file???

PS My receiver is set to PWM Single wire
Under configuration tab, what should the motor be set to? I think i saw somewhere the QUICKSHOT1425 (im guessing at the name as i forget and am too upset to get my lemon back out of its box) doesn't work?? Does that sound right? Im running stock what Banggood sent me.
Last edited by GenePaton; Today at 07:15 AM. Reason: Added receiver details