Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by epilot
Sounds like a bonus then!

It's not a bug, it's a feature!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2017, 03:56 PM
Today my 180 V2 siletly died ^(
This morning it flied but now it keeps silent.

When I connect a battery everything looks as usual bun copter doesn't play its music.
When I arm it, green light start shining but motors wont't rotate.
In Cleanflight (yes, it can connect) I can do anything but adjusting motors.

After few seconds of experiments front left arm gets worm but I see no traces of burning.

What could have happened with it?

Thanks
Jan 24, 2017, 04:17 PM
Sounds like something might be shorting out. The flight controller still works, considering you can connect to it. I would suspect a motor or ESC being the culprit, considering you noticed something is getting warm.
Jan 25, 2017, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Sounds like something might be shorting out. The flight controller still works, considering you can connect to it. I would suspect a motor or ESC being the culprit, considering you noticed something is getting warm.
SoloProFan, thanks for Your reply.
Feeling despair I compared my dump with two posted in this thread. I noticed that for some reason my parameter motor_pwm_rate was set to 32000. May be it was a mystic mess with qx90c involved...
After setting motor_pwm_rate=400 it starts playing music and even fly!

Anyway, front left arm is still warmer then other. I suppose it is a result of sinking to snow.
And it flies worse then before. I belive my PIDs are misconfigured like motor_pwm_rate.

SoloProFan, could I ask You to provide me with "absolutly perfect" PID settings?
Jan 25, 2017, 04:14 PM
I don't have perfect PID settings, but the first posting does contain a full CLI dump, with slightly increased yaw rate. I used to be quite happy with these settings, making the quad fly well in clear, as well as windy conditions.

If you open the CLI dump file, you can see PID settings, and compare to current ones.
Jan 26, 2017, 02:28 PM
Quote:
If you open the CLI dump file, you can see PID settings, and compare to current ones.
SoloProFan, thanks!
Now mine flies better.
The only thing confusing me is that You config contains a lot of parameters that mine doesn't and vice versa.
How can it be?
Jan 26, 2017, 03:36 PM
Can you give an example of what you found to be different?
Jan 26, 2017, 11:48 PM
SoloProFan....recently received the rtf pkg but cannot get it to bind to the eachine radio. Did a factory reset as well. Any ideas? Help please.
Jan 27, 2017, 01:37 AM
It should be bound from the box. Are you getting no control response at all, or just no motors running?
Jan 27, 2017, 06:48 AM
Nothimg just a steady slow flashing green light
Jan 27, 2017, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Can you give an example of what you found to be different?
For example, my profile/config doesn't contain "looptime" parameter adnd doesn't accept "set looptime=3500" command
On weekend I'll gather all differences and place them here
Jan 27, 2017, 03:07 PM
Could be the configurator app is different since the screenshots were taken and CLI dump made. For isntance on recent Cleanflight app versions, the option to adjust vbat values has been removed from the GUI part, and is now CLI mode only
Mar 30, 2017, 06:14 PM

Compass Cal Assassin 180

Not sure if anyone is monitoring this thread still, but I am flummoxed with eachine assassin 180 compass Cal.
Never had any problem getting it connected to cleanflight. Looked at parameters, but did not change firmware. Did Accelerometer cal and that was fine. But when doing the compass it always comes out almost exactly 90 degrees off. That is, It says N when pointing East! Don't really need it I guess for Angle mode, but the couple times I tried GPS, it just sorta flies off. Without accurate compass cal, I am pretty sure GPS mode cannot work properly.

Anyway, If SoloProFan or anyone is checking, let me know if you have any ideas on that.

Otherwise as a simple acro machine its not bad, but was kinda hoping for more functions, at least a sort of working altitude hold...
Mar 30, 2017, 06:29 PM
I've never used the compass, but I'll see if I can get some info on this.

When checking the CLI dump. there is a value called align_mag which could be the way to change the compass angle. If it's 90 degrees off, you could experiment with changing the "default" to 90 or -90, see if that makes it pointing north after calibrating.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Mar 30, 2017 at 06:34 PM.
Mar 31, 2017, 04:23 AM
Reportbuttonsnitch
I wouldn't even think about flying GPS assisted on this machine - cleanflight doesn't handle it well, iNav does waaay better in that field but the GPS module is crap and the magnetometer is likely too close at all the interference causing stuff to give usefull readings.
If you get alignment and calibration sorted observe the displayed heading when you throttle up the motors (with props on to let "the real" current flow, be carefull).