Sep 17, 2016, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
When you plug in the USB cable, does a led light up on the Assassin 180 board? If so, is there no pop-up from Windows telling you it's found new hardware, and wants to install drivers for it? If there is no pop-up, maybe you see an "unknown device" at the Windows "Device Manager"?
No no pop up nothing not even a blip sound like when you plug in a USB of any kind and it's a brand new data cable from Radio Shack and DOES say data sync cable on it as well as charge. I just don't understand what it could be? I've tried multiple cables and this is the second copter they've sent me so something isn't right but I have no idea what it is or how to go about fixing it?? I'd really like to try this lil dude out if you have any suggestions please let me know for I'm at wits end and no nothing else to do??? It's starting to get frustrating as hahaha I need some assistance! Thanks for reading, Turbo.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2016, 01:13 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
No lights on the Assassin 180 come on when you plug in the USB cable? Is that USB port still ok on your computer?
Sep 18, 2016, 07:51 PM
Reportbuttonsnitch
Dear turbo aka moturbo05 aka Turbo930,

I've honstly and elaboratedly tried to help in your dedicated thread , you have let this one starve. Same dead end thing on at least one other forum, which I only found by chance googling around for you. Now you start over again under a new username. That's really bad style imo and I simply don't get why one would take this aproach.

What's up with you? Slow down and sort yourself.

I feel seriously fooled and like I've wasted hours for nothing. My patience is fed up and I'm not going to put any more effort into this...
Last edited by dropax; Sep 18, 2016 at 07:57 PM.
Sep 24, 2016, 05:39 PM

180 v1 or 180 v2 ?

Solo,

Serious question. All the pics you show reflect 180. Why not 180 v2 ? How is a buyer, like myself, to know which version they actually receive?

I'm asking because my 180 (?) arrived today, and the box is printed 180 not 180 v2.

The booklet (manual) is also 180 not 180 v2 There is no sales receipt, so no line-item description of what was sent/what I purchased, etc.

What I should say, it's very I likely (I'm checking) did receive a 180 v2 but it would have been nice to have seen an addendum, a sticker or slip of paper, included so there would be no question.

Quote:
7 - Camera & FPV Perfomance:

8 - Hints, Tips & Modifications:

9 – Suggestions for Improvements:
Last edited by 4FunRC; Sep 24, 2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Font, text changes
Sep 24, 2016, 06:30 PM
Reportbuttonsnitch
Comparing your ESCs to the detailed pictures in the first post is the easiest way to determine which version you've got.
Sep 25, 2016, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4FunRC
Solo,

Serious question. All the pics you show reflect 180. Why not 180 v2 ? How is a buyer, like myself, to know which version they actually receive?

I'm asking because my 180 (?) arrived today, and the box is printed 180 not 180 v2.

The booklet (manual) is also 180 not 180 v2 There is no sales receipt, so no line-item description of what was sent/what I purchased, etc.

What I should say, it's very I likely (I'm checking) did receive a 180 v2 but it would have been nice to have seen an addendum, a sticker or slip of paper, included so there would be no question.

Good question, I guess Eachine never bothered to change the boxart, probably to reduce cost of packaging, etc. Sometimes you see a sticker on the box, with "improved version" or so, as only indicator.

Or changes are cut-in silently, like with the EV800 goggles. These aren't even listed as V2m but the recent version is lighter, and has a foam pad, as well as different connector on the headphone plug. I have both, and the boxes are identical. You get shipped what's in stock. So during the transition to the new version, some get the old, some get the new. And after a while the old version is depleted, and you only get the new version.

Back to the 180 V2, a review that has been dragging on due to setbacks, and thus still isn't completed. As dropax correctly mentioned, the stacked FET chips on the ESCs are the key factor in keeping the versions apart.
Sep 25, 2016, 01:00 PM
Yup, I thought of that shortly after I posted my comment. I compared the v2 stacked ESC pic provided by Solo with mine, and they appear to be the same similar. Thanks!
Also, another v2 enhancement is the USB location, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropax
Comparing your ESCs to the detailed pictures in the first post is the easiest way to determine which version you've got.
Sep 25, 2016, 01:12 PM

Compatible w/180 Assassin v2 ARF

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for all that's compatible w/ARF model. Specifically, radios (TX), receivers (RX), goggles, et al. to get this baby flying.

Edited:
I have, all NIB - bought at very low prices, that I'm looking to somehow use if possible: HobbyKing; DIY v2 Pro goggles, ground station power unit, Quanum Nova PRO TX, and Spektum DX6 radio.

So, once again, I'm asking for advice and experiences.

Thank you....
Last edited by 4FunRC; Sep 25, 2016 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Added text
Sep 25, 2016, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Yup, I thought of that shortly after I posted my comment. I compared the v2 stacked ESC pic provided by Solo with mine, and they appear to be the same similar. Thanks!
Also, another v2 enhancement is the USB location, no?
Would have been odd if you had gotten a V1, Banggood stopped selling the 180 once multiple reports of stock ESCs started pouring in, among with the bad stock props, etc. USB location wasn't altered afaik.

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for all that's compatible w/ARF model. Specifically, radios (TX), receivers (RX), goggles, et al. to get this baby flying.

Edited:
I have, all NIB - bought at very low prices, that I'm looking to somehow use if possible: HobbyKing; DIY v2 Pro goggles, ground station power unit, Quanum Nova PRO TX, and Spektum DX6 radio.

So, once again, I'm asking for advice and experiences.

Thank you....

I only know how to wire a receiver to this in PWM, and that should work for basically any 6ch PWM capable receiver. There are also cables for PPM, and probably S-BUS too, but I haven't tried these methods yet, so others will have to fill in those gaps.

VR007 Goggles are reported to work well, in theory all 5.8 GHz goggles should work, if you can match the VTX channel to goggles receiving channel. I wanted to try with the EV800, but a health issue came on my path, and kept me mostly in bed for most of last week. Slowly getting back to normal, so maybe some results to present.
Sep 28, 2016, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Would have been odd if you had gotten a V1, Banggood stopped selling the 180 once multiple reports of stock ESCs started pouring in, among with the bad stock props, etc. USB location wasn't altered afaik.
Right! I meant GPS location. Sorry, about that.

Quote:
I only know how to wire a receiver to this in PWM, and that should work for basically any 6ch PWM capable receiver. There are also cables for PPM, and probably S-BUS too, but I haven't tried these methods yet, so others will have to fill in those gaps.
I'm certainly struggling in finding a TX & RX scalable solution, yet alone how to implement them.

Quote:
VR007 Goggles are reported to work well, in theory all 5.8 GHz goggles should work, if you can match the VTX channel to goggles receiving channel. I wanted to try with the EV800, but a health issue came on my path, and kept me mostly in bed for most of last week. Slowly getting back to normal, so maybe some results to present.
I have HobbyKing's Quanum DIY FPV PRO V2 goggles, I picked up for a song, that I'm trying to incorporate cross-platform, and get working.

Truly sorry to hear you've been mostly bedridden. Voltaire had that situation figured out! Wishing you a quick recovery!

"Of course I know I'm in over my head! How do ya' think I learned to swim?" - 4FunRC
Oct 09, 2016, 05:05 AM

New ESC ?

Dear all

I have read all your interesting post about this little quad, and have now finally received my specimen from BG.

@SoloProFan : I hope it's ok that I post here ....

Now I see that mine apparently has another type ESC than the 12A "2x stacked 6A".
They are mounted with a mixed origin set :
Si7170, N channel mosfets and TPCA 8103A P channel mosfets, which are both rated pretty high ( ~30amp )

See close-up photo.

Is this a new version or did I miss something earlier ?

-cheers

/Allan

-also posted here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post35916704
Last edited by korup; Oct 09, 2016 at 05:42 AM. Reason: link to double post....
Oct 09, 2016, 05:32 AM
Reportbuttonsnitch
Seems to be a silent upgrade. The website still shows the stacked version. I suppose they sold the existing stock with manually stacked FETs and then switched to the new, machine assembled ones.
Oct 09, 2016, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropax
Seems to be a silent upgrade. The website still shows the stacked version. I suppose they sold the existing stock with manually stacked FETs and then switched to the new, machine assembled ones.
-yep ... it makes good sense to make a proper board with fets that will hold.

Can I ask -is it normal for this quad to make a very loud switching frequency noise ? -I have never experienced anything this annoying from a BLDC drive .... Maybe that's unique for this new ESC.
I hope there is a way to firmware upgrade the noise away. My family, cat, dog and everybody else abandon the premesis at once when flying ...

/Allan
Last edited by korup; Oct 09, 2016 at 05:50 AM. Reason: spell check
Oct 09, 2016, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by korup
-yep ... it makes good sense to make a proper board with fets that will hold.

Can I ask -is it normal for this quad to make a very loud switching frequency noise ? -I have never experienced anything this annoying from a BLDC drive .... Maybe that's unique for this new ESC.
I hope there is a way to firmware upgrade the noise away. My family, cat, dog and everybody else abandon the premesis at once when flying ...

/Allan

No worries posting here, info is always welcome. The only thing that gets me annoyed are people trying to use a review topic to promote their affiliate links, or such.

The noise was also present with the 6A ESC, and the "2x6A" stacked version. On my first EA180 I replaced the ESCs with 10A ones, different type, OneShot compatible, and these are totally silent.

Maybe it's possible to alter the frequency the ESC operates at, but I've never gone that route. Outside the noise isn't too bad though, with a little imagination it can be perceived as a turbine sound. Inside the living room, with the noise bouncing back from the walls, it's enough to drive one insane, though...
Oct 09, 2016, 06:33 AM
Only nerd in the village
Quote:
Originally Posted by korup
My family, cat, dog and everybody else abandon the premesis at once when flying ...

/Allan
Sounds like a bonus then!