Aug 01, 2020, 11:24 PM
Does anyone know where the custom tracks are stored? I switched to a different desktop and have the sim installed and running but missing a few tracks I made in the editor. I have an image of my old install but not sure where they are stored on the drive. Thought there should have been a velocidrone folder in the My Documents folder but nope. Thanks for the help.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2020, 07:15 PM
TBS Crossfire or DragonLink?
Okk
Last edited by LexusFPV; Nov 20, 2021 at 03:28 PM.
Sep 09, 2020, 07:33 PM
Yeah, the lights on the fans are the most import part.
Sep 18, 2020, 02:31 PM
Leonard

Lne-of-Site?

On loading Velocidrone today, the program apparently downloaded and installed an update (1240 diffs as I recall). After the update, I was unable to access 'Line-of-Site' mode with the "F" key on the keyboard. Other keys, such as "R" for 'Reset', work well. I had no problems access LOS before the update.

Computer is an up to date W10 machine.

I logged into the Velocidrone site and tried to create a trouble ticket, but continue to receive a message: "Sorry, but you have been restricted from using this page." I logged in with a Google access.

Does anyone have any ideas? I purchased the sim to learn LOS flying.

Thank you for your time!

mac44mag
Sep 30, 2020, 08:28 PM
[deleted - nvm]
Last edited by abertheham; Sep 30, 2020 at 08:32 PM. Reason: found answer to my question on velocidrone site
Oct 20, 2020, 08:25 PM
Just out for fun
After the last update, I cannot get the sim to load a different scene other than the original stadium scene. Can anyone tell me what to do to fix this? Thanks.
Nov 06, 2020, 11:48 AM
I just started with VelociDrone. I played around with the + and - and the colors on the bottom right corner of the screen. How can I reset it, now?

Edit: No one answered my question here, but I know the solution, now:
From the Main Menu go to 'Options>Screen Settings>Colour Grading' and set it to 'Normal'.
Last edited by Papa Echo; Dec 20, 2020 at 01:39 PM.
Dec 20, 2020, 01:42 PM
What are good tracks for a beginner?
I found 'Gemfan'. Any other tracks that you could recommend?
Mar 15, 2021, 08:38 PM
Launch the drones ...

Why can I control quad with no throttle

Just got velocidrone today - I notice that at 0 (AKA zero) throttle, the quad floats gently to earth - and - I can control the quad while it slowly falls - flip it, etc. My real quads don't do that - they can't.

What setting am I missing?
Mar 18, 2021, 01:56 PM
cyrilfpv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Green
Just got velocidrone today - I notice that at 0 (AKA zero) throttle, the quad floats gently to earth - and - I can control the quad while it slowly falls - flip it, etc. My real quads don't do that - they can't.

This feature is often called "air mode". Not sure if you can actually disable it in Velocidrone since I guess that 99% of the people fly quads with air mode enabled. Years ago that was less common but nowadays... Off-topic here but you should probably try that on your real quads.
Mar 18, 2021, 03:44 PM
Launch the drones ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcontrol
This feature is often called "air mode". Not sure if you can actually disable it in Velocidrone since I guess that 99% of the people fly quads with air mode enabled. Years ago that was less common but nowadays... Off-topic here but you should probably try that on your real quads.
Thx anyway - found out I was wrong - tried in a quad of mine with airmode turned off (and I see you suggested that - good suggestion BTW) - and I could still yaw it on the way down (from a fall due to zero throttle).

And of course - how could I have forgot that those props start moving as soon as it's armed. Even with airmode off - the FC has some control over each motor.

Either that, or the airmode off switch doesn't work. But I see that it won't jump around so much on the ground, when armed, with airmode off - so the switch does work. The FC just still has some say in the prop speeds at zero throttle even with airmode off - enough it will yaw on the way down.

Learned something new from the sim. And someone from Velocidrone was kind enough to share their insights into this via email. That's when I tried it on a real quad.
Last edited by Tim Green; Mar 18, 2021 at 03:49 PM.
Nov 20, 2021, 02:35 PM
Obsessive Compulsive
New to VelociDrone and am flying micros, as this what I have IRL. The thing is the throttle/altitude control seems way more twitchy than my real quad. Am I imagining things or is this true?
Dec 11, 2021, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchTune
Anyone successfully running Velocidrone on a MacBook Pro... More specifically, the fastest one you could get around 2013-2014 era? I run it on mine, but I could swear that there's too much latency. Like, I adjust the rates a lot, but it always feels as if they were slower than they should. I think it's latency and it almost feels like if there was a deadband in the TX stick movements.
There is a thing with OpenTX where a bug in the polling somehow creates more latency and jitter within that latency.

The devs know about it and said they will fix it in future releases. If you go EdgeTX it's already fixed.
Dec 11, 2021, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptanPanic
New to VelociDrone and am flying micros, as this what I have IRL. The thing is the throttle/altitude control seems way more twitchy than my real quad. Am I imagining things or is this true?
You can adjust a throttle curve either in VelociDrone for your quad (recommended way) or in your radio.

Quick Reply