Jul 19, 2016, 05:44 AM
Speed is Key
Amazing graphics!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2016, 09:03 AM
FL, Sanford
Taranis X9D setup for Velocidrone
Taranis X9D Plus - Velocidrone SETUP (8 min 44 sec)
Jul 26, 2016, 07:04 PM
This is looking great! Really impressed so far with the graphics and how quickly you guys are updating and making changes.

I am a Mac guy, but can run dual boot with Windows, so I think I'm gonna give it a go.

Quick question. If I do download now, will I be able to activate the Mac edition later without the need to re-purchase?
Jul 27, 2016, 06:39 AM
Hi jlcamp7,

Good question - something we need to clear up. When you purchased your license it was not a Windows license, it was a product license so you will be able to use it on multiple OS's but you will have to deactivate the Windows license and reactivate it on the Mac. Something which is easily done via the website.

We don't currently have a timescale for the Mac version however, but we will be looking at what is involved soon.

Hope that answers your question.

Trev
Jul 27, 2016, 03:02 PM
It does indeed. Thanks so much Trev!
Jul 28, 2016, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevburley
Hi jlcamp7,

Good question - something we need to clear up. When you purchased your license it was not a Windows license, it was a product license so you will be able to use it on multiple OS's but you will have to deactivate the Windows license and reactivate it on the Mac. Something which is easily done via the website.

We don't currently have a timescale for the Mac version however, but we will be looking at what is involved soon.

Hope that answers your question.

Trev
+1 for MAC.
Jul 28, 2016, 06:56 AM
Is this compatible with Spektrum transmitters? If so, what kind of cable / connection? I currently have Phoenix and the cable.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Jul 28, 2016, 07:05 AM
Hi flyforfood,

Yes, you can connect it via a standard Aux lead (something like this: http://images.esellerpro.com/2485/I/101/2TT-01b.jpg) directly from the back of your transmitter to your PC's mic / line in port.

I personally use this method.

Once inside the sim, just select the Mic / Line In option in the controller settings panel. Sometimes there may be more than one if your PC has multiple inputs so wiggle to the sticks to check.

Trev
Jul 28, 2016, 08:55 AM
Awesome. I can't wait to try it. I think FPV has hooked my son's interest, where he is intimated, and indifferent to other RC flying. Both of us are excited to try racing.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Jul 28, 2016, 09:07 AM
Great, the drones are fully customisable in flight, if you find them a little sensitive or dull you can play with the Expo / Rate settings (etc) there to get it how you like it.

Trev
Jul 28, 2016, 11:34 AM
Is there any way to control gravity settings, much like in fpv freerider? I'm really digging the boards but the quads feel a bit too "floaty" to me. It's difficult to drop down quickly to hit those gates when it feels like I'm constantly flying a 250 gram AUW quad with 6" props as far as descending is concerned. Flying my real racers seems so much easier, especially on Raceflight PIDC.
Jul 28, 2016, 03:58 PM
Hi madcrafted78,

Gravity is something we discounted making changeable early on in the project. It is a constant in real life so it should also be a constant in a simulator. At the moment according to our tests the terminal velocity exactly matches the terminal velocity of the drone in real life.

There are certainly other contributing factors that could give the illusion of 'weak gravity' which are changeable in real world scenarios. These are things such as air pressure, prop efficiency, number of blades on the props and even things like motor inertia and esc braking.

We'll be sure to look into those and see what we can do, keep an eye here or on our Facebook page for updates...

You can also change the field of view to match your drone's camera too. Wider FOV's will give the illusion of slower drop speeds.

As a side note, have you had a chance to try out multiplayer yet?

Trev
Jul 30, 2016, 06:06 AM
Just wanted to say: nice project, and welcome to the club!

Jul 30, 2016, 07:05 AM
Hi Betelgeuze,

As promised in my previous post, we've been investigating this and have found what we suspect to be the cause, something we previously thought had a very trivial effect on the quad but in reality it is quite noticeable. Our fix currently is quite crude (purely investigatory) and we're looking to implement it properly now and get it to our beta testers.

We need to run some tests and get some real numbers so please bear with us whilst we make sure we get it right!

Trev
Jul 30, 2016, 09:36 AM
Hi trevburley,

I'm a Liftoff developer. I think what you said makes perfect sense and it's the same things we've been saying for months. The picture I linked shows that the floaty argument get reported to every sim developer, so again, welcome to the club

Quick Reply