VelociDrone FPV Racing Simulator - RC Groups

VelociDrone FPV Racing Simulator

VelociDrone is a new FPV racing sim that uses real world models you can fly in a variety of custom race tracks with gates and obstacles just like in real life...

Splash

Improve Your Skills Without Breaking Props

VelociDrone is a new FPV racing sim that uses real world models you can fly in a variety of custom race tracks with gates and obstacles just like in real life. It features 4 customizable sceneries and 7 drones. Each scenery has a global leaderboard so you can compare your track times with others and in Time Attack you can actually race your own ghost and see where you can improve your time. There is also 7 player online multiplayer allowing you to race your buddies all over the world, track and scenery editing and sharing, line of sight flying, animated racing gates and intuitive transmitter/gamepad support. There is a free trial so you can download the sim and check it out at no cost. It's going to be a great way to fly during bad weather and improve your skills without having to repair a thing.

Check out the new VelociDrone FPV Racing Simulator here.

Jun 24, 2016, 03:29 PM
This looks pretty friggin awesome. I like the trails behind the other quads, and online sounds like a ton of fun!
Jun 24, 2016, 03:56 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Does it include the video static and glitches you'd see IRL? lol

I might have to get this!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Jun 24, 2016, 04:07 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolei Zinsli
Does it include the video static and glitches you'd see IRL? lol

I might have to get this!
Yes it does!
Jun 24, 2016, 09:25 PM
I don't know what this is
Available on Mac?
Jun 24, 2016, 10:39 PM
RCG Admin
Windows only
Jun 25, 2016, 02:04 AM
Bah humbug. Go free rider! haha this looks better though
Jun 25, 2016, 09:46 AM
Mac version is coming, we just have to convert some of the code to support it, the underlying engine is all Mac compatible.
Jun 25, 2016, 03:40 PM
Does this have anything to do with hotprops? saw a video of that last night and logos/sims looked similar.
Jun 25, 2016, 08:26 PM
Not responding...

restart.

Setup > Not Responding.

restart > Start race > no controls > setup > Not Responding

Uninstall.

Go back to FPV Freerider.
Jun 25, 2016, 08:32 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by krachall
Not responding...

restart.

Setup > Not Responding.

restart > Start race > no controls > setup > Not Responding

Uninstall.

Go back to FPV Freerider.
Your doing it wrong, lol. Not sure what's up there, it was pretty easy to get running on my setup using the Realflight Interlink controller.
Jun 26, 2016, 11:25 AM
Krachall, please feel free to raise a ticket (https://batcavegames.freshdesk.com/support/home) and we'll be happy to help you get it up and running if you still wish to give it a go.

We've not been informed of any controller issues yet so are very interested to see what is going on with your setup.

Some useful things that we would like to know are:
- Transmitter make / model
- Connection method, USB, Mic etc
- If USB, what adapter are you using?

Many Thanks - Trev
Jun 27, 2016, 04:47 AM
krachall .. as Jason said, you are doing something wrong. Please contact us via our facebook page or via our website support and we will have you working very quickly.
Jun 28, 2016, 08:59 PM
DumbThumbsFPV
I have Hotprops, freerider and Liftoff. Freerider is the only one that feels and flies like my stuff. I'm not sure why the others didn't spend more time on physics. Freerider is also the only one that doesn't lag on my Alienware for some reason. I can run Skyrim with over 300 mods at full res on this machine but Hotprops will lag it down /shrug

I tell people all of the time like I did with Helicopters to start on a Sim first to get the muscle memory down then get a small quad like the Blade nano fpv or w/e. After those go for whatever they want. Been saying for over a year now that DJI, Yunecc and others should come up with a sim for new people and when the new people pass the tests in the sim they can unlock the copter.. maybe it would cut down on customer service calls and keep dummies out of the media..

I'll try this new sim and blog how good it is. It looks nice!
Jun 28, 2016, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserteagle
I have Hotprops, freerider and Liftoff. Freerider is the only one that feels and flies like my stuff. I'm not sure why the others didn't spend more time on physics. Freerider is also the only one that doesn't lag on my Alienware for some reason. I can run Skyrim with over 300 mods at full res on this machine but Hotprops will lag it down /shrug

I tell people all of the time like I did with Helicopters to start on a Sim first to get the muscle memory down then get a small quad like the Blade nano fpv or w/e. After those go for whatever they want. Been saying for over a year now that DJI, Yunecc and others should come up with a sim for new people and when the new people pass the tests in the sim they can unlock the copter.. maybe it would cut down on customer service calls and keep dummies out of the media..

I'll try this new sim and blog how good it is. It looks nice!
Definitely interested to hear your input. I love the way Freerider feels however as a single dev or the small team he now has there is a lot of modern day features, especially multiplayer, that arent there. However, this has that, and I would LOVE to jump online and race with others, especially with the cool LED feature this one had. Let us know what you think! I am anxiously awaiting.