Volantex Tumbler - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 24, 2016, 11:06 AM
Mike's RC Corner
Mini-Review

Volantex Tumbler

I decided to check this boat out and I purchased it online from banggood. I had a similar boat that was a bit bigger, the Hobbyzone Zig Zag Racer 3, and it has issues now. It was my rescue boat. So I decided on this model to use as a rescue boat and also just for fun in a pool or small body of water.

If you are interested here's the link to the Volantex Tumbler RC Boat

I've done an unboxing and running videos for it, and I'll post them below. Boat works great and it's a lot of fun!

UNBOXING THE VOLANTEX TUMBLER! EP#224 (7 min 18 sec)

VOLANTEX TUMBLER RC BOAT IN ACTION! (purchased from Banggood) EP#234 (4 min 51 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2017, 11:16 AM
Tip Stall
Would you recomend this boat?
Are there any issues or things to watch out for?
Apr 12, 2017, 01:12 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Looks like a variation of the classic Reef Racer: https://www.rcplanet.com/AquaCraft_R...FciFfgodBucLmg
Jun 03, 2017, 09:03 AM
Hey man great vids on this boat, I just got mine a few days ago and it is awesome and I love it lol, no problems yet after 7 bats. It takes on a small amount of water if like me you turn too sharpe and it goes under for a bit which is great fun haha if you keep it above water it does not get any in the hull maybe a drop or two. Anyone thinking stop and just buy as it is such a sweet set up you can easy change the connector to jst and have loads of bats on hand which is what I am doing later. I got a better looking controller than yours as well Teeder as I got the one with the wheel which I prefer. It is so quick I am happy to leave it for now but I will go brushless one day if it is possible.
Volantex Tumbler maiden (11 min 11 sec)

Tumbler time in the sun :) (7 min 28 sec)

Volantex Tumbler 2cell fun (9 min 52 sec)
Jun 07, 2017, 11:58 AM
Mike Murphy

Tumbler connector

Does nyone know what the connector is that comes with the Tumbler (not the red JST, I know them)?
- Mike
Jun 08, 2017, 02:42 PM
All I know is it is not a common one we see a lot of Mike, it is a black quite big one that comes on these kind of things from China, I had it before on my mini skyfun and swapped it for JST
Adam
Jun 26, 2017, 08:09 AM
I also have one and I really like it!!!

Tumbler am Traunsee (1 min 17 sec)
Jun 28, 2017, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibhall
I also have one and I really like it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngtjXM4mo7A
Awesome mate love your location, I would love to fly around those mountains
Aug 03, 2017, 05:32 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
How big of a battery can you fit in this? Would a 800mah fit?

Kman
Aug 04, 2017, 04:02 AM
It might be a bit big Kman not sure, a 450-500 will
Aug 04, 2017, 04:38 AM
OK, thanks

Kman
Aug 09, 2017, 03:29 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
What's the range people are getting with this? It seems this boat gets bundled with a pistol grip transmitter as well as a stick type transmitter?
Aug 09, 2017, 06:56 PM
I think the earlier versions came with a stick type transmitter. I should early next week if the newer ones come with the pistol grip type

Kman
Aug 10, 2017, 02:30 AM
Mine came with pistol and I love it, not sure on range but as it so small you dont wanna go too far away anyway
Aug 10, 2017, 02:42 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Don't think there is anything as too much range, imho.

Do you also have a fair amount of deadband on throttle? anyone tried other radios for protocol?
Last edited by SoloProFan; Aug 10, 2017 at 12:57 PM.