HydroPro Affinity RG65 Racing Yacht - RC Groups

HydroPro Affinity RG65 Racing Yacht

We were very impressed with the HydroPro Inception FE boat and now the brand has released a new RG65 class racing yacht...

Splash

Racing Yacht from HydroPro

We were very impressed with the HydroPro Inception FE boat and now the brand has released a new RG65 class racing yacht. It's called the Affinity and it comes with two racing rigs with mylar sails and lists for only $128.80. They say the assembly is fast and easy to get finished and on the water.

The PNP model includes a winch servo, MG rudder servo, and an assembly for the battery and receiver. The hull and rudder are made of plastic with the mast and booms made from carbon fiber. We saw how tough the plastic was on the Inception so no doubt it will hold up on a yacht. The boat is RG65 legal for racing and the low cost means more people will be able to compete. Only time will tell if the model itself will be competitive with the top tier kits. Check out the new HydroPro Affinity at HobbyKing.

Features:

• RG65 Class Legal
  • Integrated bow bumper
  • Pre Applied Graphics
  • 2 Complete Rigs
  • Mylar Racing Sails
  • Carbon Fiber Masts and Booms
  • Zinc Alloy Ballast and Aluminium Fin
  • Powerful Sail Winch
  • Metal Gear Rudder Servo
  • Pre-installed Battery Box with On/Off Switch
  • Display Stand

Specs:

• Length: 650mm
  • Beam: 150mm
  • RTR Total Weight: 1290g (not including 4xAA Batteries)
  • Mast Height: 915mm (A Rig)
  • Mast Height: 755mm (B Rig)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jun 24, 2016 at 09:34 PM..
Jun 23, 2016, 11:41 AM
RCG Admin
Not late since those are just discussion threads. This is a news story that shows up in different places of the site than normal threads.
Jun 23, 2016, 10:59 PM
And thankful for these news briefs. I would never find most of these items otherwise since mostly stick to the threads I follow. I've always wanted a boat. This looks like a good value, I don't want to dive in too deep so to speak but want something that will be there when I want it. Edina Yaht club is nearby.
Jun 24, 2016, 09:55 AM
Check with the club first. If they are sailing the DF 65 as a one design, you might be playing by yourself. I haven't heard if they are sailing RG65 as an open class yet. Have a couple of homebuilt OPEN boats to sail there if they do.
Jul 19, 2016, 08:12 AM
Speed is Key
In my opinion this is a great first boat or a nice easy sailer for the local lake
Jul 28, 2016, 03:47 AM

HydroPro Affinity RG65 Racing Yacht now available in all HobbyKing Warehouses

The HydroPro Affinity RG65 Racing Yacht is now available in all HobbyKing Warehouses

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...earch=Affinity
Sep 02, 2016, 01:29 PM
So they are, even in good old UK. The list of spares in stock looks impressive too, and the price. I am left with the impression that this is a good value product, with good support from HK. It deserves to do well, reads like HobbyKingJohn had some personal input on this.... well done that man.