Jun 22, 2016, 01:51 PM
Summit Model Aeronautics
Alert

Summit Model Aeronautics Plan Cutting Service - Summer Special

Thanks to all the modellers whove made the SMA plans cutting service a success since its launch in January. Ive cut over 20 short kits for everything from a 24 span Cloudcraft Mercury to a 110 span sailplane and everything in between. The range of plans folks have wanted cut include scale plans, sport plans, vintage and old-timer plans, sailplane plans, gassers and electric-powered designs.

The volume of orders cut so far has allowed me to get better prices for balsa and plywood from my suppliers, resulting in an average 11% lower quoted costs than previously for balsa and up to 45% lower quoted costs for some types of plywood. Ive also expanded the types of plywood I have in stock to include 1/64, 1/32 and 3/16 birch ply, and 1/8 Liteply in addition to the usual 1/16-1/4 3- and 5-ply birch plywood originally offered.

After six months of operation, its time to take a little hiatus to install some CNC machine upgrades. My machines current configuration limits me to about +/- 1/64 cutting accuracy precise enough for most applications except occasionally for cutting very precise stringer notches and slots. With the upgrades about to be installed, the machine will be able to achieve +/- 1/100 accuracy or better, so short kit parts will fit better.

Due to the CNC upgrades and the need for me to be away from my workshop in July and August, I have to suspend any new cutting until September, but this is where the special offer comes in. Ill be able to trace plans, assemble cutfiles and provide short kit quotes over the summer months while Im away, and cut them once Im back in my shop in September. During July and August, Im offering a 10% discount on any plans you ask me to quote for cutting in September - a great way to get a head start on winter build projects.

I wont invoice you until Im ready to cut, and itll be first-come, first-served for quoting and cutting, so the sooner you ask me to give you a quote, the sooner youll get your short kit in September.

Anyone interested can check out some of the designs Ive cut in my blog here, and a full description of the SMA plans cutting service including FAQs is here.

Thanks again to all whove had plans cut in the past, and I hope even more of you will take advantage of this offer and the improvements being made to SMAs services.

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2016, 04:42 PM
Steve,. Wow that is great to hear. I've been following the other thread and am happy to hear things are working out so well on your side as well.
Jan 08, 2018, 08:57 AM
I just ordered a Palmer Hurricane short kit from Steve. Great company and great price, too!!
Jan 08, 2018, 11:55 AM
Summit Model Aeronautics
Thanks for the plug, jpooch! I struggled a bit earlier this autumn as my balsa supplier went out of business, but I've opened a new account with Bud Nosen Models and they are now supplying all my balsa.

Thanks to all who've made SMA a success!

Steve
Jan 09, 2018, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve85
Thanks for the plug, jpooch! I struggled a bit earlier this autumn as my balsa supplier went out of business, but I've opened a new account with Bud Nosen Models and they are now supplying all my balsa.

Thanks to all who've made SMA a success!

Steve
Happy to be of help, Steve. I work at a very small company too, and word-of-mouth is our best and most effective advertising!

Hang in there, and thanks again,

John

Quick Reply