Jun 21, 2016, 11:31 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Need help converting an OS 120. I need to make or purchase a carb adapter.

I was looking for a premade adapter but could not find a reasonable priced one. I thought if i could find some thin walled 1/2 brass 90 degree tubing but i haven't had any luck. Any ideas?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2016, 05:05 AM
Ik heb het niet gedaan!
Need more information here . I may be able to help .
Jun 22, 2016, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ng8264723
I was looking for a premade adapter but could not find a reasonable priced one. I thought if i could find some thin walled 1/2 brass 90 degree tubing but i haven't had any luck. Any ideas?

Do you really need a 90-degree bend.

Here is an example of carby conversion that eliminates the bendy pipes. This engine formerly had a carb which was mounted on a 90-degree pipe ... but, it doesn't care that the carb is now mounted on a short, straight, stub.
Jun 22, 2016, 09:46 AM
Thread OP
I will check when I get home. The problem is the Walbro carbs are big! So I wanted to stabilize the carb by mounting a strap to the rear cover the way that the factor OS carbs are mounted. I may be able to modify the OS pipe to fit.
Jun 22, 2016, 10:08 AM
Dieselized User
This is how I did it.
Jun 22, 2016, 10:40 AM
Ik heb het niet gedaan!
Yes , they are big but as you saw with Greg's conversion they fit and look good .

This is a conversion that I did for Earl in Texas a couple of years ago . The carb dwarfs the engine !
Jun 22, 2016, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkamysz
nice work..
Jun 22, 2016, 11:12 AM
Ik heb het niet gedaan!
Yes , a very clean installation . CNC is making IT guys look like machinists
And making machinists learn IT .

Fine job indeed .
Jun 22, 2016, 11:14 AM
Ah, I'd missed the fact that the carb is a Walbro.

Well, there's a fix for that, too.

You can mount the carb on the bulkhead of the aeroplane.

Like this.

Jun 22, 2016, 12:30 PM
Ik heb het niet gedaan!
Nice !
Jun 22, 2016, 01:30 PM
Thread OP
Wow! I am surprised by all the responses! It looks like G.Kamysz did the same engine over. I have the regulator style engine. G.Kamysz would you be willing to make up a set of adapters for me that match yours? It looks like you used the regulator backing plate. I purchased a nonregulator backing plate. So it has a little boss to mount the delrin too. Anyway, would you be willing to make up some adapters?

Quick Reply