This thread is privately moderated by Pappyjkns, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 19, 2016, 09:03 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

R/C Diary Pt. 21 “ A Good Day At the Field!”

June 18/16

Loaded up my repaired Hk Cumulus plus all my other flying gear and headed to our new flying field 3.9 miles south of the Hamilton Airport Tower. I stopped off at Walmart & grabbed a 10’ x 10’ portable canopy that was on sale for $98 Cdn. What a godsend that turned out to be as it was a real scorcher with a high of 33C!

Seven members also joined me, so we ended up with Gentle Ladies, High Risers & Supras running on the hi-starts, plus two full house 4 M Electrics, as well as my HK Cummulus and a Whippet DLG. Lots of room for everyone at the new field! : )

I like to come prepared, so along with the new sun shade canopy, I brought my folding 6’ work table, a cooler full of drinks and sandwiches, two folding chairs, my radio & charger metal briefcase, HK Cumulus mounted on top of my field box. It takes a while to set it all up but its worth it imo, having a comfortable environment to work in with all my tools close at hand.

I finalized the setup on the Cumulus, performed my radio check, ran through my preflight check then headed to the open field. The wind was picking up around 15- 20 Kms/hr. but steady from the south west. I had to add another 5 gms to the nose to compensate for the repairs to the boom. I managed a gentle throw and the Cumulus floated beautifully. I stayed out on the field tossing the plane for about an hour until my heel spur started screaming at me…..time to take a break! First time the plane has outlasted me! Lol!

For the rest of the morning, I sat in the comfort of my canopy and watched the experts fly their full house electric gliders. Despite having notified the tower of our flying activities, numerous planes flew right over our field, one older twin engined Beechcraft flew dangerously close to the high flying 4 M electrics! Go figure!

Anywho…..it was just a perfect day at the field and it was enjoyable not only flying, but watching others fly plus interacting with my club members!

Oh, btw……Happy Father’s & Grandfather’s Day!

Keep Flying & Smiling!
Last edited by Pappyjkns; Jun 19, 2016 at 09:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply