This thread is privately moderated by solentlife, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 19, 2016, 01:27 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Thread OP
Discussion

Life goes on and many ways

As I get older I find myself slowing a little in type of model but still wanting that adrenaline rush at times.
The club I fly with has developed quite a following and reputation. We are now flying at many Town festivals all over Latvia.
Even if site allocated is small - we try to display as many different models as possible - even static.

With my large hangar it is inevitable that I shall crash now and again. So these give opportunity to create threads illustrating repairs. Hopefully others who usually would bin a crashed model, might reconsider and look at repairing.

I'm happy that a number of new guys into our amazing hobby, I have been able to help and get flying. Not only first steps, but also launch techniques including bungee launching.

I get great satisfaction out of RC, flying and boats. But it appalls me some of the self-centered Neanderthals that pop up and then destroy so much.

I have a few new models to maiden - adding to my wide ranging hangar - so life has its rewards and I can keep smiling !

Nigel
Latest blog entry: Life goes on and new boat
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2019, 08:53 AM

Help from one old timer to another

I recently retired and decided to take up RC Aircraft. I bought a Mig 29 from Hobby King. I have only posted on the forum for that model today but looking at the dates it is an old forum. Seeing your posts I thought I would come directly to the source, This is indeed a stupid question for an experienced modeler like yourself but, I am struggling to glue the carbon fiber to the wing, the curved reinforcement. Each time I try it flicks out of position. What is the trick / method. Thanks in advance.
Jul 03, 2019, 09:21 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Thread OP
Oh yes - the curved CF !!

You can use Super Glue for this ..... foam safe if you want to be sure. To stop your fingers getting glued as well ... take thick clear plastic and press down with that between fingers / CF ... or cover with the plastic sheet and weight it down. Leave till set.

I have to suggest though ... the Mig29 is not a beginners machine .. a long way of in fact. Its a highly responsive machine that needs quick reflexes.

As to stupid questions ?? The only stupid one is : "why didn't I ask ?"

We all started at zero ... and I am not an expert.
Latest blog entry: Life goes on and new boat

Quick Reply