Sep 20, 2016, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel View Post
Good luck then!

Lets us know how it goes and how the FPV is performing.
I'm also looking forward to this experience. It should be here in a few days, just right as we have bad weather for a few days.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2016, 11:04 AM
Will be indeed interesting to see your fixed wing experience Meanwhile I got a Bix3 which I still need to maiden, but already clocked up quite some time on some smaller (and cheaper) planes
Sep 21, 2016, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter View Post
Will be indeed interesting to see your fixed wing experience Meanwhile I got a Bix3 which I still need to maiden, but already clocked up quite some time on some smaller (and cheaper) planes
My biggest concern now is to find a larger field with no houses, courtyards and roads
Sep 21, 2016, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTronic9000 View Post
My biggest concern now is to find a larger field with no houses, courtyards and roads
Luckily I have some of those in the neighbourhood
Sep 21, 2016, 02:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Well... you can take a 10-15km drive out of town and I am sure you will find a suitable spot for this.
Sep 21, 2016, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel View Post
Well... you can take a 10-15km drive out of town and I am sure you will find a suitable spot for this.
This is what i'm doing now with my quads, but i need to drive even more to find larger spots.
Sep 28, 2016, 08:10 PM
Last edited by Doberz; Oct 02, 2016 at 09:06 PM.
Sep 29, 2016, 05:53 AM
Thread OP
Good news guys, I've just been informed that my XK A1200 FPV kit is on the way, I hope it will arrive sooner rather than later... because by all accounts October will be a busy month!
Sep 29, 2016, 06:35 AM
Well it seems that today is the XK X1200's day, DHL has informed me that the delivery is scheduled to take place today
Sep 29, 2016, 07:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Well it seems that today is the XK X1200's day, DHL has informed me that the delivery is scheduled to take place today
Haha, congrats! DHL does deliver fast!
Sep 29, 2016, 04:53 PM
Aha, some movement on the A1200 front!
Sep 29, 2016, 10:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter View Post
Aha, some movement on the A1200 front!
Actually... now that I know the FPV kit is on its way I can feel this... impatience building up inside me... thankfully I have a ton of other models to work on, and mod, and test to keep me busy, otherwise I'd go nuts!

I do feel, however, that when the FPV system arrives I will have to replace the existing radio and stabiliser in order to test the system's range properly, because I really hate going far without a RTH function!
Sep 30, 2016, 12:06 PM
Last edited by Doberz; Oct 02, 2016 at 09:05 PM.
Oct 01, 2016, 03:17 PM
This is absolutely an amazing plane, as I was saying, never flow "fixed wing" until now, only multi rotors. Those simulators I was good at were IL-2, F22 Raptor (for who remembers) . This thing took off right from the 1st attempt and also I have managed to land it safely

There was also a mixed up the initial seller who did not have the FPV version in stock so I have got refunded and finally i have received mine from gearbest, a tip, they have a "RC15%OFF" coupon and it drops it's price a lot

As i wanted FPV i have used a OnePaa X2000 camera which i'm also reviewing HERE on RCG.

Here is it's maiden flight (please don't laugh at my skills)
XK A1200 FPV Capable EPO RTF Glider Airplane - Part 2 (13 min 16 sec)

And the unboxing and initial test setup
XK A1200 FPV Capable EPO RTF Glider Airplane - Part 1 (11 min 20 sec)

initial pro's and con's

PRO:
- extremely easy to fly
- low stall speed and glides beautiful
- good range (I need to test it as with FPV i can take it probably too far)
- powerful motor and climbs fast
- very maneuverable
- the stabilized gyro mode is very good for a begginer
- very long flight time, after 10 minutes with 600mW vTX + FPV camera still had 3.98V/cell !

CONS:
- I've got a serious cold
- very bad weather is coming
Oct 02, 2016, 02:27 AM
Quote:
This is absolutely an amazing plane, as I was saying, never flow "fixed wing" until now, only multi rotors. Those simulators I was good at were IL-2, F22 Raptor (for who remembers) . This thing took off right from the 1st attempt and also I have managed to land it safely

There was also a mixed up the initial seller who did not have the FPV version in stock so I have got refunded and finally i have received mine from gearbest, a tip, they have a "RC15%OFF" coupon and it drops it's price a lot

As i wanted FPV i have used a OnePaa X2000 camera which i'm also reviewing HERE on RCG.

Here is it's maiden flight (please don't laugh at my skills)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLTOzvGL7Uc

And the unboxing and initial test setup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_wb4z9TgGY

initial pro's and con's

PRO:
- extremely easy to fly
- low stall speed and glides beautiful
- good range (I need to test it as with FPV i can take it probably too far)
- powerful motor and climbs fast
- very maneuverable
- the stabilized gyro mode is very good for a begginer
- very long flight time, after 10 minutes with 600mW vTX + FPV camera still had 3.98V/cell !

CONS:
- I've got a serious cold
- very bad weather is coming
I'm not much of a fixed wing pilot, but it kinda looks to me your A1200 is a bit tail-heavy, but others please confirm it

I'm quite amazed at how well that camera's working out! Image looks good and its stabilisation seems to work pretty good. Think I would try and mount it in such a way you don't have the canopy dancing in front of you all the time How was the reception, if you had ever the time to look at your monitor?

And yeah, it's autumn alright

Quick Reply