Thread OP

Multiplex Royal Evo Tx Part II

Continuation of this thread that got a little long:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154635

Have fun!

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2004, 08:15 AM
Well, Here it is. A part 2 at last. What shall we start with?
Aug 27, 2004, 08:54 AM

Why?

Why add another - are we limited to a max size

I think It's much better to keep it all in one place (ok 2 including the thread on the tutorial) otherwise we'll be repeating a lot of things and also cross refencing up and back.

Just my $0.02

Eric Gold
Aug 27, 2004, 09:45 AM
Relearning how to crash.....
I'll start here.

Count down to new Evo software.

Based on this comment from Mike Mayberry at HitecRCD it (the software) is stillborn.

"Multiplex Germany will post the software first and then we will just link to them. They were telling us it would be later this week so hopefully it will be up any time.

Here is the link to the MPX Germany site: http://www.multiplex-rc.de/

Mike."

Since it is now Friday night in Germany it definitely won't be this week.

The actual length of time will be 42 (could be years, quarters, months, fortnights, days, hours, seconds, microfortnight, microseconds, nanoseconds, picoseconds)

My guess is nothing below days.

Come on guys get it together either publish the software or stop telling us it will be soon

Honestly this is getting way way way beyond crazy.

I say we start a thread where everyone can put in there guess on the software release date. The winner could win the admiration of Multiplex users everywhere.
Aug 27, 2004, 09:46 AM
2ManyHobbies2LittleTime

Evo Scanner availability

I just talked with Maxx Products and they are currently out of stock of the scanner module... I'll try some other places, but if anyone knows who has them in stock, please pass that info on.

Thanks,
Jeff
Aug 27, 2004, 12:11 PM
My other TX is a P4000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Dave
I say we start a thread where everyone can put in there guess on the software release date. The winner could win the admiration of Multiplex users everywhere.
I win hands down... I've been saying all along that it would be "soon."

-joedy
Aug 27, 2004, 12:13 PM
My other TX is a P4000.
Quote:
Gee, Warren's gone (post #2453 from Hong Kong). That little triangle works!

ronw
Thank goodness.

-joedy
Aug 27, 2004, 12:17 PM
My other TX is a P4000.
Now that we've been forced into a new thread, here is my challenge for some of the EVO pilots to contribute back into the Multiplex community :

Who is willing to clip and paste the valuable replies in Part 1 of this thread into a single WORD or PDF file?

The Part 1 thread contains a lot of valuable information that should not be subjected to an erase button if RC Groups decided that it was no longer of value or took up too much space.

Anyone? I've set a precendent. I'd be very proud if another EVO pilot would be willing to follow suit.

-joedy
Aug 27, 2004, 12:31 PM
My other TX is a P4000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswayze
but if anyone knows who has them in stock, please pass that info on.

Thanks,
Jeff
HURRY! HURRY! HURRY!

I just checked with Tom. He has one in stock and can get some more in in two to three days. Be sure to tell Tom that Joedy sent you.

-joedy

Quote:
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:20:30 -0400
Subject: [RCSE] Evo Synth Modules FS

The Evo Synth modules are in.

Tom

T&G Hobbies
32 Mount View Dr
Afton, VA 22920

540 943-3356 Office
540 280-0700 Mobile
Aug 27, 2004, 01:00 PM
Closed Account
A cut & paste project is a great idea. It might be easier to make it happen if the work is divided up so that different individuals could be responsible for different segments of the thread. The responsibilities could be duplicated to allow for the fickle finger of fate as well.

What would work? 2,500+ posts divided into five or ten segments? Anyone want to claim a segment and start? I'll think it over for the afternoon myself and after a few more opinions/ideas are posted, decide if I can give (some of) it a stab myself.

Could there also be someone responsible for putting the results in PDF form? Also, editor(s)?

ronw
Aug 27, 2004, 01:05 PM

unusal scanner results & QUESTION

EVO scanner users,
In part 1, I talked about my scanner locking up a couple of times....but very non-repeatable. Today I had a new phenomenon at the field. Has anyone else seen this:

at 2-3 meters from a Hitec Flash 5 on channel 49, I cannot see his central channel. I see the "side band noise" in channels 47,49, 50,and 51 which is normal. But on the central channel nothing. When I walked about 10-15 meters away, then it suddenly "popped on". THen when I walked closer, it stayed on. We repeated the experiment 10 times with different distances and different antennae orientation. Same thing, when closer than 10 meters, the central channel was gone but side bands remain. When you go farther away, then the central channel appears and stays on even when you get close. Only 1 time out of 10 did the central channel appear when 3 meters away.

This is scary. I assume that the channel 49 signal saturated the scanner and it put down a "zero response" for the central channel while the sidebands were low enough in power to be plotted. Maybe this weekend we will do it again. I will see if I set my synth module to channel 49, will the RF checker also make the same mistake and allow me to turn on to channel 49?

If anyone else has seen this, please respond. Otherwise I think I need to send the scanner back to Hitec for "re-calibration"?

Joedy,
is it possible to make a single post editable by all people? If so, then I will start the "highlights" of part 1 on a post and ask the other EVO users to chime in and do the same for there parts. I will take the list of questions I asked earlier (and to which you added as a FQA item) and we will start there. It will be a time-consuming process and take a month or two to get all the "major sections" covered.

Crazy Ted -- a battery junkie
Aug 27, 2004, 01:06 PM
Relearning how to crash.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedy
Who is willing to clip and paste the valuable replies in Part 1 of this thread into a single WORD or PDF file?

-joedy
I'll help when the 1.4 software comes out and is loaded and working
on my EVO

But I agree with Ron it should be done in parts.
Aug 27, 2004, 01:06 PM
Steve,
will you please return to part 1 and edit it to make a link to part 2?
Much thanks.
Crazy Ted
Aug 27, 2004, 01:18 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
Whoa, what a radio.

Is there an option to program this radio from a PC?

Sounds like that should be the next step with such a complex radio.

Kirby
Aug 27, 2004, 01:31 PM
2ManyHobbies2LittleTime
Hey, thanks Joedy, but I'm looking for the scanner module not the synth module. I placed a call to him though - maybe he'll have one!

Thanks,

Jeff

Quick Reply