VAM Fun Fly - Quarry Field on July 24, 2016 - RC Groups
Jun 16, 2016, 10:55 PM
Yippee!

VAM Fun Fly - Quarry Field on July 24, 2016

07/24/2016 - Mackville, WI. Valley Aero Modelers Fun Fly at Quarry Field. Sanction #16/476. Open Flying 9am - 3pm. Pilot meeting 9am. Pilot fee $5 at registration. Concessions available. Please check into registration tent before flying. AMA membership required. Contest Director is Tim S. Bring your popup canopies, chairs models to fly or display. Sign up to volunteer at this event during next club meeting. No maiden flights or training will be allowed during the fun fly and spotters will be required. More information to follow as we get closer to this event.
Last edited by timflight1; Jun 16, 2016 at 11:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2016, 01:24 AM
Heath
Volunteer signup page is live. Please consider helping out with this event.
Jul 16, 2016, 09:25 AM
We need club member support to run the fun fly this year. All club members are expected to attend or help out at this year's show. Make it a flying weekend with Brennand days on Saturday and the VAM Fun Fly on Sunday. At either event bring static models to put on display and of course bring models to fly. The club would appreciate you signing up so we know we have various shifts covered. Sign up here: http://flyvam.club/?page_id=1051 We have 80 members yet only a dozen or so have been coming to the meetings. Only a handful showed up for field cleanup day. It's time to show your support and attend important events like these. I don't think that is too much to ask of club members to make sure they participate as we only have a couple key events each year (Show and Auction and Fun Fly Weekend).
Jul 23, 2016, 01:01 AM
Just about time to begin charging batteries and making final preparations for the fun fly on Sunday. Shaping up to be a good one. Hope to see everyone there!
Jul 23, 2016, 09:42 AM
With storms coming overnight I think we won't be able to do all of the final setup tonight with regards to setting up tents, etc. Might be helpful if some members can come out to help around 7 or 8am on Sunday. We can try and do as much as possible tonight at 4:30 setup but I suspect many details will have to wait.
Jul 23, 2016, 02:28 PM
A number of people discussed at Brennand today and agree that with the predicted storms coming tonight that we will just complete setup at Quarry Field at 7:30 on Sunday morning instead of doing this tonight. We also had a major show participant be forced to non-flying status due to equipment issue so we need additional models and pilots to participate. Even if not flying please bring models to put on display. Bring chairs!
Jul 24, 2016, 05:46 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped out, participated and even the spectators who came out today. It was a great show by all accounts especially considering the rain early morning and high heat and humidity in the afternoon. Thanks to our chef Craig and helpers in the snack shack, to our Treasurer for his efforts, to David for placing and retrieving the signage, to Mickey for picking up snacks and for Jay for manning the registration tent. There were a number of additional helpers whether it be with setup, generators, spotters, traffic control and assistance in the FPV area. Anyone else I missed I'm sorry but the club appreciates your efforts. One final thanks to my co-chair and CD mentor TR. We were fortunate that the winds and weather cooperated. A big Thank You to the 30 registered pilots both in UTT, FPV and main runway that provided a great free flying show to the spectators. Heath will present final numbers at the next club meeting.