Jun 16, 2016, 04:56 PM
youtube.com searchfor danqfpv
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Dubai 210 -Racing Drone Kit w/emax RS2205 and more...

Dubai 210mm RaceQuad@gearbest .com<<<clicK
High performance parts to help you stay competitive with the competition. The Dubai 210mm RaceQuad kit

the lowest price I have seen for this

Dubai 210mm DIY Frame Kit US-LA $128.59
Mini Carbon Quadcopter DIY Frame Kit Racing Drone with Emax RS2205 2300kv Red Bottoms 20A MINI ONESHOT ESC DELUXE SP3
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopte...?lkid=10001207

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopte...?lkid=10001207

I fried my ESC's from the very start when I was still putting everything together. It was my mistake. My review was done using hobbywing 20amp Xrotor ESC's

WOW my socks got rocked! this combination of hardware topped off with 5045BN and 4S 65C graphenes blew past my wildest imagination. I have never had such powerful quad. What makes flying even better is just how smooth this power is delivered. The motors are very well balanced, the smoothness can even be heard, it just sounds amazing compared to what I was flying before.

Newest Update 9-1
I found out about this a while ago but I forgot to post here:
Many people are saying that updating to the latest firmware through blheli will prevent the ESC's from burning up.

to update use ATMEL BLheli/sk bootloader cleanflight
update to the latest afro "20"amp ESC

Warning from gearbest
Battery serviceable range: 3S 8.4V - 12.6V 1300-1500mAh 30C.
If the battery sessions which you use are above 4S, please change the battery as 30A ESC.
Other users have reported burning ESC's using 4S as well

EDIT8/6 I am finding more and more users who say they have had no problems at all using 4S on the OCDAY ESC's, which are leading me to think that some may just have gotten a bad batch. I aslo have to add, that some of these people have flashed a more recent blheli on to the esc.

TABLE|of|CONTENTS

Post 1
Videos
--General Information--
Features
Specifications
Hardware
Introduction
Pictures w/Commentary [1-Frame . 2-ESC's . 3-Motors . 4-PDB & Flight Controller]
Assembly
Flight Testing [Flight Characteristics . Performance . Durability . Issues]
PROS&CONS
Conclusion
click to jump

Videos:
Videos from JohnVH

Dubai 210 FPV Racing Quadcopter Unboxing and build pics Review PT1 (9 min 37 sec)

Dubai 210 FPV Racing Quadcopter Review Pt:2 (5 min 56 sec)

Included Contents:
  • EMAX RS2205 2300kv Motors
  • SPRacing F3 Deluxe Flight Controller
  • OCDay BLheli 20amp ESC's
  • Carbon Fiber 210mm Frame
  • PDB w/ 5v/12v BEC's
  • 5045BN Propellers

Introduction:

Personally, I have a hard time making decisions, big or small. Luckily, gearbest did the work for me by putting together a high performance race kit . The Dubai 210mm quadcopter Race kit, features some top notch hardware with one focus in mind, and that is: to blow your socks off. The combination of low weight and high thrust tends to have this effect on people.

As usual, my package arrived super fast from gearbest, thanks guys! I was surprised when I saw the package, everything was neatly packed into a tiny little packet, I still don't understand how everything was able to fit.

The kit comes in pieces, and it is up to you to put everything together. Even for a beginner, putting this kit together should be pretty straight forward and easy. The hardest part, of course would be the soldering.Being a unibody frame, it's very easy to assemble a few screws, and metal spacers hold the entire frame together. << great because less pieces = less points of failure, more durability.

Frame:

The frame kit comes in pieces, but assembly is very easy.

All hardware is included. 6 metal spacers, 4 landing legs, 1.5mm top plate, 3mm bottom plate, lots of screws, i think there are over 16.

Side View Here is what the frame looks like assembled, it takes only a few minutes to put the frame together.

Front View

Closeup of the front, there is a camera plate included, it's held in place at and angle by little holes in the top and bottom plates. Unfortunately it sits in a fixed position, I probably won't be using it, because of this.

Two plates on either side of the quad help protect the camera in the event of a crash, or from flying debris. There are 3 holes in the plate, possibly to fix a camera to, i'm not to sure what it's for.

I really like the rear of this frame, There is a hole to mount the VTX, as well as a slot to hold the power connector. In my opinion it's very beneficial to have your battery connector fixed to this slot as it prevents battery cables from being sliced up from the props.

the arm as well as the the bottom plate measures in at 3mm thick. Supports motor sizes: 1306 . 1804 . 1806 . 2204 . 2205

ESC's

The OCDay 20amp ESC's come individually packaged in anti-static bags, and comes with spec sheet.

Nice thick 20 AWG silicon wires. The signal and ground (black and white wires) come already twisted.

The ESC's are covered in a clear, see through heatshrink

backshot

Motors

Motors come individually packaged in a nice plastic box, Ill probably save these boxes for storage. The main reason why these motors are so powerful comes from the magnets that are used. When compared to other motors, these magnets are much bigger. The bigger stronger magnets can push and pull with more power.

Foam inserts hold the motors and other hardware in place.

Each box contain either a cw or ccw motor along with actually 2 sets of screws in different lengths. Also included are 3 prop nuts, and an allen wrench per box, I think the prop nuts and wrenches are only in the CW or CCW boxes, I don't remember which one.

Very high quality feel to these motors. They look amazing, feel amazing and even smell amazing. And if that wasnt enough, these motors have very stringent tolerances, they come factory balanced to provide the smoothest flight possible. If you open up the motors, you will see a blue substance over the bell housing, make sure you don't scratch this off, as this is balancing mud Emax used to balance the motors.

I actually found that both the included sets of screws were too long to use on this frame. So, the screws that came with the frame were used with the motors, and the screws for the motors: I used on the frame.

PDB & Flight Controller

Matek Systems mini PDB with 5v and 12v BEC's. I believe this is version 3.0, but for some reason it says v3.1 Either way it looks like this PDB was put together in a rush. Some of the capacitors and resistors are crooked.

Looks like there are plenty of contact points for hardware. There is a a little contact for your camera and VTX, you can actually connect the signal wire of your camera and vtx both to the board. You have the option of bridging the 5v or 12v contacts depending on what your hardware requirements are.

The SPRacing F3 Deluxe board is jam packed with features, it's the better one of the two available. This one has a barometer! It also included hardware such as bent pins or straight pins, depending on how you would like to connect your esc's to the board- you would solder on the pins you would like to use. It also includes various cables, 2 for uart ports, and 2 for the PWM I/O ports . It also includes a plastic shell if you would like to use that. I didn't use the plastic shell as space is precious when building a mini quad.

Top side of the SPRacing F3, as you can see there is an arrow pointing in the forward direction. Also seen in this picture are 2 I/O ports for PWM/PPM, 2 UART ports, and a micro usb port. Also viewable are ports for VBAT, and buzzer.

Bottom view: Here you have access to another 2 UART ports.

Weights

========================================
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||
========================================

*I think this kit contains a great combination of parts to get started with FPV racing. Since these are pretty high performing parts, I think its better suited towards pilots with at least a little experience
Last edited by Danq0; Aug 10, 2017 at 01:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2016, 05:15 PM
Thread OP
Assembly

I started off by installing the motors to the frame. The included screws in the emax box was too long (both of them). Instead I used the motors supplied with the frame for the motors and vice versa.

-I approximated the required distance between the ESC's and motors, and trimmed the motor wires to length.

-de-solder and detach wires from the ESC: motor side.

-Attactch shortened motor wires.

All 4 motors and ESC's attached

I just used some vinyl tape to hold the ESC's down

Install PDB to the frame

Shorten ESC's wires from ESC to PDB and solder on to corresponding contacts on the PDB

All 4 ESC's connected

Connect misc hardware to corresponding contacts. Shown is pos and grnd connected to vtx. It uses 12v so I will bridge the contacts on the bottom left. VCC is an unregulated source. to the right, depending on what type of voltage your camera uses, you would either bridge the 12 or 5v contacts.

Flight Testing

PROS:
-Motors
-High quality product that comes in a cool box
-Serious power
-Extremely well balanced
-Incredibly smooth
-Includes tools, prop nuts (multiple)

-Frame
-Easy to install
-Durable
-Light weight
-Unibody bottom plate

Flight Controller
-F3 FC with plethora of features
-Built in connectors
-Pre-loaded with cleanflight
-Side mounted USB

CONS:
ESC's are only capable of running 3S

Conclusion:
I tested this kit using hobbywing Xrotor 20amp ESC's. Right off the bat, I fried my OCDAY ESC's.

From the frame to the flight controller and motors, the Dubai kit puts together a high performance quadcopter kit that will blow your socks off. The heart of the kit: the RS2205, are the most powerful, smoothest, and overall nicest motors I have used, to date. They are absolutely amazing. Throw these motors on to a light-durable-agile, carbon fiber frame, and you have a rocket. This thing is so fast that it's scary.
Last edited by Danq0; Jul 22, 2016 at 12:26 PM.
Jun 17, 2016, 03:42 PM
JohnVHRC
Got mine together, hope to have flying video next weekend

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopte...?lkid=10001848

Dubai 210 FPV Racing Quadcopter Unboxing and build pics Review PT1 (9 min 37 sec)
Last edited by JohnVH; Jun 24, 2016 at 10:54 AM.
Jun 17, 2016, 04:30 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVH
Got mine together, hope to have flying video next weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GG9T...ature=youtu.be
Im about half way done with putting mine together. did you use the on board camera signal connection ? Ive never had a PDB with the camera signal on the board like this. Im curious to try and see what the picture quality looks like.
Jun 17, 2016, 04:33 PM
JohnVHRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danq0
Im about half way done with putting mine together. did you use the on board camera signal connection ? Ive never had a PDB with the camera signal on the board like this. Im curious to try and see what the picture quality looks like.
I didnt, I just powered the vtx with the 12v, my vtx then powered my camera, seemed simpler to me. LMK how it works out for ya.
Jun 17, 2016, 05:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I didnt, I just powered the vtx with the 12v, my vtx then powered my camera, seemed simpler to me. LMK how it works out for ya.
will do, I have a feeling there will be lots of noise as I dont think there is an LC filter on this PDB
Jun 17, 2016, 08:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I got this for my motor mix, what did you use?

LS210
mixer custom
mixer reset
mmix 0 1.000, 1.000, -0.788, -1.000
mmix 1 1.000, -1.000, -0.788, 1.000
mmix 2 1.000, -1.000, 0.788, -1.000
mmix 3 1.000, 1.000, 0.788, 1.000
Jun 17, 2016, 09:58 PM
JohnVHRC
Quote:
I got this for my motor mix, what did you use?

LS210
mixer custom
mixer reset
mmix 0 1.000, 1.000, -0.788, -1.000
mmix 1 1.000, -1.000, -0.788, 1.000
mmix 2 1.000, -1.000, 0.788, -1.000
mmix 3 1.000, 1.000, 0.788, 1.000
What's this for? Never used a motor mix
Jun 17, 2016, 11:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
What's this for? Never used a motor mix
It's guess its not required, I just had a habit of using motor mixes ...here's oscarliang explanation

Quote:
"The way it works is, motors that are placed further away from the centre of gravity will require a greater amount of thrust to travel the same distance (or arc length) as a motor that has been placed near to the centre of gravity.

Layout of the motor is one thing, another thing is mass distribution, which generally has equally important impact on the quadcopter performance."
https://oscarliang.com/custom-motor-...ix-quadcopter/
Jun 18, 2016, 05:32 PM
Thread OP
Changed thread to Mini Review
Jun 19, 2016, 12:39 PM
Thread OP
Added Assembly section to post 2
Jun 19, 2016, 01:21 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Looks nice that m8 , those motors are on my list
Jun 19, 2016, 01:44 PM
BisDak2
Quote:
will do, I have a feeling there will be lots of noise as I dont think there is an LC filter on this PDB
I never bothered using my PDB's vtx/camera pads but I'm curious on the camera side, if a camera only 5v, do you have to bridge the 5v pad or is 5v default output?
Jun 19, 2016, 01:52 PM
Thread OP
delete
Jun 19, 2016, 01:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by humayraykinaon
I never bothered using my PDB's vtx/camera pads but I'm curious on the camera side, if a camera only 5v, do you have to bridge the 5v pad or is 5v default output?
good question, I cant give a definite answer, because I only know what happens after the pads are bridged. I didn't test it when it wasn't bridged.

if I had to guess, I would say that you have to bridge it, and that there would be no current otherwise.

Quick Reply