Jun 16, 2016, 01:19 PM
Bob Bayless
Thread OP
Discussion

Hangar 9 Warbirds - What's going on?

There are now only 3 Warbirds kits offered by H9. The Spitfire is now delayed to August. Will it disappear next. They used to have a nice line up of good quality good flying Warbirds.

What is going on? Will large foamies take over?

Just wondering,

Bob........
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2016, 01:23 PM
That makes two of us Bob!
Jun 16, 2016, 05:03 PM
Funny I was JUST going to start a thread and ask the same question... they've dropped all the .60 sizes.. didn't they just retool the Razorback because of all the wing fit problems... now its gone... someone on another posting somewhere said the 33cc spit was getting discontinued as well...

I also noticed Top Flite didn't release a new Warbird this year either??
Jun 16, 2016, 05:56 PM
Same Day Delivery
Profit margins are too low for there new business model. They prefer the fast buck of RTF foamies.
Jun 16, 2016, 09:25 PM
Too bad Horizon just keeps putting out the same plane in different sizes... I think everyone for years on here has been insisting on a Hellcat... and we keep getting a P51 in various sizes (that lasts for a year, and then its discontinued for the next P51)

Wasn't seagull a division of H9? It seems they are always putting something new out..
Jun 16, 2016, 09:33 PM
Arrowhead
There have been a couple of new H9 releases... just no warbirds! In fact I'm looking at a banner ad right above this thread for the H9 Carbon Cub 15cc.

So it looks to me like H9 isn't going away. Sure would like to know if we should expect to see any new warbirds from them though.

No, HH was distributing Seagull. Now Sig has them.
Jun 16, 2016, 09:54 PM
Yeah.. I thought it was something like that... H9 sure isn't pumping em out like they used to though.. seemed like every few months there was something new... Id really like the 15cc carbon cub, but when I start adding it up and convert to Canadian dollah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105
There have been a couple of new H9 releases... just no warbirds! In fact I'm looking at a banner ad right above this thread for the H9 Carbon Cub 15cc.

So it looks to me like H9 isn't going away. Sure would like to know if we should expect to see any new warbirds from them though.

No, HH was distributing Seagull. Now Sig has them.
Jun 17, 2016, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobob
There are now only 3 Warbirds kits offered by H9. The Spitfire is now delayed to August. Will it disappear next. They used to have a nice line up of good quality good flying Warbirds.

What is going on? Will large foamies take over?

Just wondering,

Bob........
I believe there is another thread where some HH employee did state the Spitfire would be discontinued after the "next batch".

I really wanted to pick up the 30cc Spitfire but not if they plan to discontinue it so soon. I ended up selling my damaged P47 Razorback due to the backorder situation with that and I also have the 20cc Corsair that I can't get a cowl for as due to it also being discontinued even though it was only released about a year ago.

I'm now ONLY looking at the Top-Flite ARF's. I was hesitant for a while since they are 50cc size but since Tower has good support with parts, I figure I'll move up to 50cc...

hk
Jun 17, 2016, 05:06 PM
I hear ya.. Ive got lots of H9 birds Ive never built that are now obsolete for parts.. The top flite stuff is awesome.. fits great.. doesn't seem to need modding to make it "work" and as you said, always seems to be a steady consistent stream of parts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperknight
I believe there is another thread where some HH employee did state the Spitfire would be discontinued after the "next batch".

I really wanted to pick up the 30cc Spitfire but not if they plan to discontinue it so soon. I ended up selling my damaged P47 Razorback due to the backorder situation with that and I also have the 20cc Corsair that I can't get a cowl for as due to it also being discontinued even though it was only released about a year ago.

I'm now ONLY looking at the Top-Flite ARF's. I was hesitant for a while since they are 50cc size but since Tower has good support with parts, I figure I'll move up to 50cc...

hk
Jun 17, 2016, 07:58 PM
Arrowhead
And most importantly, TF doesn't seem to discontinue stuff at the drop of a hat.

As for me, I'm looking more at kits now. More variety, better quality control (ie. your own).
Jun 17, 2016, 08:08 PM
Actually spare parts for the TF planes can be a pain too. I ordered and paid for two spare sets of wheels for my TF GS Corsair last October. I just noticed the other day that they finally list them as in stock. Problem is the Hobby shop I ordered from has closed it's doors. I know the owner so in theory I should get my wheels. 8 months later.
Jun 18, 2016, 04:39 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
I am not waiting around for Hanger 9 to get their sh together.
It's a hobby for us but a business for them. They are now owned by an IPO firm and in my consulting business my experience tells me with IPOs it's all about quick turn around profit.
In fact all you have to do is look at the the firm and you can determine the average turn around to sell time. In some cases it's even stated in the portfolio.
I now have purchased two VQ planes, one from a local hobby shop and the larger 80" Dauntless from JB hobbies. You can't beat the cost, value and super quality.
JB is active in the threads and cares about what he is shipping ( Steve ) .
They just announced a 30CC bearcat, they have re-released the 60 size P40 and many more on the horizon ( bad choice of words lol ) .
You can wait for Horsizon, as for me I found my new supplier of warbirds
Jun 18, 2016, 10:07 AM
Arrowhead
Have to admit I've been eyeing that SBD, as well as the Ki-61. I like that they do some planes that less common. I just wish there was a Canadian retailer I could get them from. Shipping from the US can be brutal.
Jun 18, 2016, 12:29 PM
Would someone PLEASE bring out a 60 sized Spitfire......... I've been waiting far too long....
Jun 18, 2016, 02:26 PM
Scale Builder
Lovin' that Bearcat! May have found my next ARF warbird. Thanks Lou!

Quick Reply