Jun 28, 2019, 04:34 PM
Slow is the go!

Mustang on floats

Never seen one of these before, would be a good mod, not only the razorback but also the floats.

to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2019, 05:32 PM
EthanRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Phillipps
Never seen one of these before, would be a good mod, not only the razorback but also the floats.

Very interesting.
Jun 28, 2019, 09:07 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
Hey, we're talking Babbelbatts Roger, here. Mr. 3s.

I was surprised he didn't recommend buying 2 DOZEN P-51's, ala the UMX Beast.
---

Dear Dave,

2 DOZEN would be a bit 'over-the-top' don't ya think???
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=20102
BTW, the UMX P-51 is amazing on 3S power!
Outstanding vertical performance because she is so light.
Awesome UMX Reno Racer!

This pic is Mustang Heaven to me!!
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...831_081649.jpg

Roger
Jul 20, 2019, 12:13 PM
I just aquired one of these and have a throttle issue. All of my planes are bound to my DX4e,and the throttle starts the motor barely above all the way down,and all the way up is wide open. With this plane the motor doesn't start until 1/4 throttle,wide open is about 3/4 throttle,and at wide open the motor shuts off! What's up with that? If I have to jam the throttle in an emergency situation the motor will quit!.....NOT GOOD
Jul 20, 2019, 05:08 PM
EthanRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBee
I just aquired one of these and have a throttle issue. All of my planes are bound to my DX4e,and the throttle starts the motor barely above all the way down,and all the way up is wide open. With this plane the motor doesn't start until 1/4 throttle,wide open is about 3/4 throttle,and at wide open the motor shuts off! What's up with that? If I have to jam the throttle in an emergency situation the motor will quit!.....NOT GOOD
Try calibrating the throttle.
Jul 20, 2019, 05:23 PM
Slow is the go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBee
Doesn't sound like this is related to your problem but maybe, have you played around with the throttle trim?
Jul 20, 2019, 07:28 PM
Flite Test - Throttle End Points - FAST TIP (1 min 59 sec)
Jul 20, 2019, 08:07 PM
Trim is always in the middle. And how do you calibrate the throttle? Won't that then screw up all the other planes I have bound to this TX?
Jul 20, 2019, 08:25 PM
Throttle calibration is something for the plane's esc to learn. It should be done on every plane (since each is different). It won't affect any of the other planes.
Jul 20, 2019, 08:55 PM
I tried calibrating according to the video,nothing changed. Regardless of trim position when it hits full throttle it just quits,like a HARD LVC. The batteryI was using was at a storage voltage of 7.38 volts. For a quick test I figured that would be OK? All of my planes are horizon Hobby....I've never had to calibrate an ESC!
Jul 21, 2019, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suko
Throttle calibration is something for the plane's esc to learn.
This is useless because the ESC have no learn function.
The only thing that you can change is the throttle range from the default value of
1.2 - 1.8ms to
1.1 - 1.9ms
but I don't think that's the problem.
Jul 21, 2019, 03:57 AM
Certainly a bit strange, especially the shutting down at the top end, don't know if that issue and the overall shorter range issue are directly related or not I guess. I would definitely try a fully charged battery just in case and if a different radio is available, try binding to it as well to see if it operates any differently. Attached are the advanced programming instructions for the RX, there is a throttle range calibration procedure in there you can try, it just allows you to select one of two different ranges as microheli noted. You don't specify if you got this new or used, but if used, don't know if the seller would be able to shed any light on the behavior? If you can't get it figured out, I'd definitely recommend contacting Horizon and seeing what they say.
Jul 21, 2019, 08:35 AM
Hey found one cheap on CL I would like to add this to my micro stable. I have the same UMX 2s P-47 which I fly on small 180mah 3s packs with no issues. Anyone have issues on 3s with the stock prop and motor? How does it fly compared to the P-47? I find the stock 2s setup a bit too slow for my liking?
Jul 21, 2019, 11:13 PM
**I'm Battman**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer
Hey found one cheap on CL I would like to add this to my micro stable. I have the same UMX 2s P-47 which I fly on small 180mah 3s packs with no issues. Anyone have issues on 3s with the stock prop and motor? How does it fly compared to the P-47? I find the stock 2s setup a bit too slow for my liking?
Fidy,

My 3S powered, UMX P-51, is my personal favorite UMX Warbird!
I've always loved how Mustangs fly.
Because she is so light, her vertical performance is awesome.

The stock prop is pretty tame.
No issues on 3S power for me.
After 100 flights on the stock prop, I upgraded to a GWS 5043 and small spinner for better air-flow over the brick.
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...1-IMG_3785.jpg

P-51 vs P-47:
P-47 flies bigger.
Floats more on landing.
P-51 flies a bit more like a hot rod.
Still easy to land.
Enjoy flying both.

I fly all my UMX Warbirds on 3S power/sans gear.

Roger
Jul 22, 2019, 12:30 AM
Slow is the go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suko
Never done this on my UM aeroplanes, just plugged them in out of the box and flown!
Is this telling me I should do this and I will get the best out of my planes? Thank you.....

Quick Reply