Thread Tools
Jun 25, 2019, 07:37 AM
Registered User
mdmyers's Avatar
It is a great plane but if your dad has one and you can fly it maybe think about getting something different and then you'll both have something new to try!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2019, 08:05 AM
EthanRC
EthanRC's Avatar

But


Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmyers
It is a great plane but if your dad has one and you can fly it maybe think about getting something different and then you'll both have something new to try!
good suggestion but, i am really wanting to get one before they discontinue, not only that i really like it.
Jun 25, 2019, 10:32 AM
aka ShadowVFX
Suko's Avatar
Seems like you've already made up your mind. You should pick one up while you still can.
Jun 25, 2019, 12:41 PM
Registered User
BRGT350's Avatar
The UMX P-51 is a gem! I fly mine in my backyard, along with the UMX Timber and P-47. I see that the P-47 and F4F are discontinued, which probably means the P-51 isn't far behind.
Jun 25, 2019, 09:59 PM
Elfi Flyer
Doug Sipprell's Avatar

Windy Weather UMX


Yes, IMH and unsolicited opinion, the UMX P-51 BL Mustang is one really great micro for breezy days. I bought a second one, knowing of HH's and E-flite's propensity to discontinue popular models. So, grab one while you can!

RD
Jun 26, 2019, 07:40 AM
Registered User
mdmyers's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanRC
good suggestion but, i am really wanting to get one before they discontinue, not only that i really like it.
Fair enough, can't blame you!
Jun 26, 2019, 12:00 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanRC
I have gotten a chance to fly one recently and i really like it. the one that i flew was my dads and i am thinking of getting one myself.

Hey Ethan,

I checked out your Blog page.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=775221
Loved your bio line...
"i love the passion of radio controlled flight"

It's an awesome time to be in the hobby!!

-----

My advice on your UMX P-51purchase is...Buy 2 if possible.

I love to kill mine with 3S power, GWS 5043 prop, sans gear & max throws.
Spinner must be changed to provide adequate air-flow.

Many had an incidence angle situation that needed to be corrected.
Check out these pics for more info:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thum...=threadgallery

Roger
Jun 26, 2019, 01:35 PM
EthanRC
EthanRC's Avatar

great


Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Hey Ethan,

I checked out your Blog page.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=775221
Loved your bio line...
"i love the passion of radio controlled flight"

It's an awesome time to be in the hobby!!

-----

My advice on your UMX P-51purchase is...Buy 2 if possible.

I love to kill mine with 3S power, GWS 5043 prop, sans gear & max throws.
Spinner must be changed to provide adequate air-flow.

Many had an incidence angle situation that needed to be corrected.
Check out these pics for more info:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thum...=threadgallery

Roger
In my opinion it doesn't need 3s, i think that the UMX P-51 has enough power just on 2s.
Jun 26, 2019, 01:43 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanRC
In my opinion it doesn't need 3s, i think that the UMX P-51 has enough power just on 2s.
Need???

Most would agree with ya.
90% of the UMX batts I sell are 2S.

You should try the UMX F-27 someday.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/umx-f-2...elect-eflu4250

Roger
Jun 26, 2019, 06:58 PM
Registered User
DaveG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanRC
In my opinion it doesn't need 3s, i think that the UMX P-51 has enough power just on 2s.
Hey, we're talking Babbelbatts Roger, here. Mr. 3s.

I was surprised he didn't recommend buying 2 DOZEN P-51's, ala the UMX Beast.
Jun 26, 2019, 08:14 PM
Does it have invasion stripes?
SanDiegoUteFan's Avatar
The plane flies faster than scale on a 2s 280mah. No need for more.
Jun 26, 2019, 08:56 PM
Elfi Flyer
Doug Sipprell's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoUteFan
The plane flies faster than scale on a 2s 280mah.
But if flies longer on a 2s 450mAh .....

Now, a 3s 300mAh Babble Bat might just be interesting......hmmmm.........

RD
Jun 27, 2019, 06:12 AM
EthanRC
EthanRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
But if flies longer on a 2s 450mAh .....

Now, a 3s 300mAh Babble Bat might just be interesting......hmmmm.........

RD
In my opinion using 450mah 2s packs would just make the plane fly heavy 300mah turnigy nano-tech's are on the money with weight and CG.
Jun 27, 2019, 10:41 AM
Registered User
DaveG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
But if flies longer on a 2s 450mAh .....

Now, a 3s 300mAh Babble Bat might just be interesting......hmmmm.........

RD
BB Roger would be looking at this plane and wondering about modding it for 3s.

Name: FLZU1000_emaillead.jpeg
Views: 4
Size: 195.4 KB
Description:

Who needs wings when you have 3s?
Jun 27, 2019, 10:44 AM
Registered User
Those nano-tech 300s have been around for a while! I agree Ethan they are good packs, except the wires are supper thin and brittle. There 260s are the exact copy of Eflite's 280.
Currently Hyperion's G7 graphene 2s 330 mah packs are my favorite they charge to 8.7 per pack. I grabbed a Dozen at $5.50 per pack.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools