Feb 03, 2019, 01:31 AM
Custom User Name Title
Yes, I did a sneaky dirty underhanded trick, and read the manual ..... lol

I picked up a couple for retrofitting into a different little micro (xk beaver) and had the manual in my grubby little hands, where I learned of such a wonderment
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2019, 07:45 AM
Curse you, Red Baron!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
Yes, I did a sneaky dirty underhanded trick, and read the manual ..... lol
LOL

More people should RTFM.
Feb 18, 2019, 10:34 PM
Which manual? I just went through my P-51 and Carbon Cub manuals and didn't find anything on reversing the offset servos
Feb 19, 2019, 05:12 PM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingwiz
Which manual? I just went through my P-51 and Carbon Cub manuals and didn't find anything on reversing the offset servos
The manual that comes with the offset servos, you won't find it (unfortunately) in any of the airplane manuals.

You can find it here also: https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...0LO-Manual.pdf

"The 2.3-Gram Linear Long Throw Offset Servo can be programmed for the correct offset with
the Spektrum™ Ultra Micro Linear Servo Reverser (SPM6825).
Available Options
Normal - Normal Offset - Reverse Offset
Reverse - Reverse Offset - Normal Offset
To select which option is right for your application, connect the Servo Reverser between the
receiver and the servo. Upon powering up the receiver, the servo will beep, confirming a
programming change. Every time the receiver is powered up with the Servo Reverser connected,
the programming will change to the next option down on the programming list. After going
through all four programming options, the servo reverts back to the top of the programming list
and the process begins again.
The servo reverser must be removed in order for the servo to work again."
Feb 19, 2019, 09:14 PM
Thanks, I just installed a new one on my carbon cub but there were no instructions. Luckily I have learned everything I need to know from these forums. Thanks again for the help cause I'd be grounded without you guys.
Feb 25, 2019, 12:03 PM
I bent a couple prop blades in a crash and I was wondering if there were any props that would be more optimal than the stock replacement ones.

This is my best fixed wing fpv flier and I keep seeing people use clear quadcopter props on planes. That would be great but I wasn’t sure ifthey would be compatible with this prop shaft.
Feb 25, 2019, 03:35 PM
Slow is the go!
Don't know about transperant props unless you can get a GWS 5030 in clear,
will fit with no mods. I recently asked the question which is the best prop for
the 2S planes and the general consensus from those in the know was the Elite
5 x 2.75, part number EFLUP050275, comes in black and will fit with no mods.
Feb 25, 2019, 03:47 PM
Custom User Name Title
Peter that 5.25x2.75 prop isn't the best prop for this plane by any stretch - but I think it was the best for the airframe you were asking about (Either the Timber or the Carbon Cub, I don't really remember....)

On this plane you would want less of the thrust and more of the speed, so a 5030 or even 5043 would be great. I like the stock prop, because of its scale appearance
Feb 25, 2019, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Peter that 5.25x2.75 prop isn't the best prop for this plane by any stretch - but I think it was the best for the airframe you were asking about (Either the Timber or the Carbon Cub, I don't really remember....)

On this plane you would want less of the thrust and more of the speed, so a 5030 or even 5043 would be great. I like the stock prop, because of its scale appearance
Awesome thanks!
Feb 25, 2019, 09:16 PM
Slow is the go!
Quote:

Thanks bhoov128, so 5030 and 5043 for speed and 5 x 2.75 for thrust.
Feb 27, 2019, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing No
specv510-
A Horizon tech told me the white stuff the factory uses to install receivers, servos, and motors is white bathroom caulking. I got a huge red tube at Home Depot for $3. The same stuff as the factory uses. It takes a good 24 hours to cure completely but holds well and if you need to remove it you can get it loose without damaging anything.
I had no idea that's what it is. Is there any kind of solvent that can remove it without damaging electronics? I'm not worried about foam... I'm thinking of when the electronics are removed from the aircraft and they have that stuff over the solder points preventing you from replacing a wire, for example.
Feb 27, 2019, 02:49 AM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
I have used that to re-attach a motor mount in my UMX Pitts, it is silicone and before the stuff cures, it is very easy to wipe it off with rubbing alcohol. However, it being silicone, the "oily residual" is hard to erase 100%.
IMO once it is cured , you can peel it off from any solder joints and use rubbing alcohol to further clean. The flux on the solder should over come that stuff.
Latest blog entry: My SlowProgress
Feb 28, 2019, 10:22 AM
Custom User Name Title
You have to be careful of which caulking you get. Some of it cures and offgasses acetic acid which will corrode the metals and can wreck the electronics. You want to check that the stuff you use offgasses methanol.

GE Silicone II is known-good for use
May 10, 2019, 10:08 PM
Slow is the go!
A mate got a nice shot of my RNZAF P51.

Jun 24, 2019, 08:25 PM
EthanRC
I have gotten a chance to fly one recently and i really like it. the one that i flew was my dads and i am thinking of getting one myself.

Quick Reply