Oct 15, 2019, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraicMirror
Why did all these WW2 UMX planes get discontinued by HH?
I would assume low sales. If you sort all the planes by popularity, you see the UMX warbirds are pretty far down the list. The trend seems to be towards bush planes, 3D aerobatic planes, and EDF's. The parkflyer and UMX warbirds aren't nearly as popular.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2019, 02:12 PM
We don't need no steen king jets!!
Oct 20, 2019, 04:08 PM
I wonder if HH is reading the forums here gotta think they do.Well now theUMX P-51 is DC well hind sight shows the great flying P-47 was DC so I expect it will be back along with this terrific flying P-51. In a recent thread there was a mention of not being able to slow down enough on landing approach with the UMX P-47, that is simply not so :,I find once my UMX P-47 is approaching touch down,adding A bit of throttle brings her into ground effect and it settles in to s perfect 3 point landing on s less than smooth surface. See photo of my drive way landing strip !! It lands about as slow as the UMX Timber does. Horizon Hobbies give us back our UMX micro WWII War Birds.
Nov 03, 2019, 08:14 AM
Got in another thrilling flight on my UMX P-51 Mustang ,does any one else hear the whistling sound this machine makes while in flight? Just had to post once more what a great performer the UMX Mustang is. Unlimited powerI great maneuverability.
Nov 03, 2019, 09:53 PM
I don't ever recall hearing any whistling on mine, but I also fly without the gear, so that could be why.
Nov 05, 2019, 03:18 PM
Fox Four,..Guns, Guns, Guns!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawker
Picked up my UMX P-51 last week and finally had some time to do some minor upgrades. Especially to that Ninja pilot. So I gave him repaint make over to look more like a real pilot should, along with painting the cockpit and adding a seat backrest and printed dash panel. I also repainted the exhaust tips and painted the openings in the main gear wheels. Definitely adds a little more realism to such a great flying little plane...
I like it. One thing I can't stand is an un-detailed cockpit and pilot or sometimes no pilot at all. I am going to crack open mine and start detailing!
Nov 05, 2019, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoucette
After trying to resist getting one of these for some time, I caved in during HH's holiday sale. She flies like a dream. I love my 1400mm Freewing Mustang but I can fly this UMX P51 on a whim in the backyard. She has greater than scale flight characteristics but she can maintain steady flight at slower, scale speeds. Since I've been buried in snow I decided to add some details and weathering to her.
Thanks for posting pics it will give me some ideas when it comes time to detailing my cockpit.
Nov 05, 2019, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLB63
First time post on this thread. Well...I just got the UMX P-47 a few weeks ago, went thru the decolage fix and love it. I jumped in and got the UMX P-51 last week. I mechanically leveled all of the control surfaces, balanced per CG in manual, put it up in the air (as a belly lander), noticed it climbed for the stars and did the decolage check by doing a powered off vertical dive from a high altitude and it leveled itself out and started to climb with no power. Planning for that incident, I had some shims ready to go. Three manila folder thickness card shims at the rear wing tape joint and she's flying on rails! I really like the 3000kv motor in her compared to the 2500kv in the P-47.

I don't care for ninjas flying my American warbirds so I did a little foam carving to add some ear phones and goggles and painted him to look more 'merican (I did the same to the P-47 pilot). I also thought the "Gentle Annie" was a little plain looking so I painted a new blue scheme and named her "Cajun Queen"...I'm a Cajun from Louisiana...so there's that. Added some kill markings and invasion stripes.

I don't have an airbrush so it's just me with a little bitty brush...not looking for a show quality paint job...just something that looks good in the air.

Here's some pics.

Craig
Looks good a litte bit goes a long ways with detailing the cockpit and pilot.

Quick Reply