Affinity RG65 by HyroPro (HobbyKing) - Page 20 - RC Groups
Feb 07, 2018, 07:40 PM
Beach Bum
Here is a DF65 C-sail on Affinity mast set that is cut to fit. Mast stays hook onto deck eyes with backing plate under deck. Sail is made of a soft ripstop material rather than the stiffer mylar of Affinity sails.
I replaced the AA battery pack with 700 mah LiFe and it seemed to improve sailing performance slightly.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2018, 10:01 PM
Ill keep mine in mint condition in box and see how it goes. Not really they are for future presents for the grandkids probably. HK has changed the menu system for parts, cars , boats etc. To find the parts for the Affinity go to spare parts in Boats, click on categories and then select the boat you want the parts for. Why they keep changing things I don't know. My old mind gets set on how to do something and then they change it.
Feb 08, 2018, 12:27 PM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Thanks to John Bennett for spraying my hull fluorescent orange, looks great
Feb 10, 2018, 07:28 AM
Beach Bum
Thank You tugboat for finding the spare parts.

Mallettron, that looks nice. I am planning on orange accents like pinstripes, maybe in vinyl to keep it easy. What type of paint was used for yours (enamel, acrylic, epoxy) and is there a clear sprayed over it? Thanks
Feb 10, 2018, 11:45 AM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMongr
Thank You tugboat for finding the spare parts.

Mallettron, that looks nice. I am planning on orange accents like pinstripes, maybe in vinyl to keep it easy. What type of paint was used for yours (enamel, acrylic, epoxy) and is there a clear sprayed over it? Thanks
Hi there

Wet and dry, then a white plastic primer, then normal car spray paint and finally a coat of laquer

Should last a while and be easy to replace if it gets chipped etc.

I like the idea of it being coloured, much easier to see on the water amongst the other white ones
Feb 13, 2018, 01:11 PM
http://forum.hobbyking.com/discussio...n-stock#latest
Latest blog entry: E3d

Quick Reply