Affinity RG65 by HyroPro (HobbyKing) - Page 20 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 07, 2018, 06:40 PM
Beach Bum
Here is a DF65 C-sail on Affinity mast set that is cut to fit. Mast stays hook onto deck eyes with backing plate under deck. Sail is made of a soft ripstop material rather than the stiffer mylar of Affinity sails.
I replaced the AA battery pack with 700 mah LiFe and it seemed to improve sailing performance slightly.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2018, 09:01 PM
Ill keep mine in mint condition in box and see how it goes. Not really they are for future presents for the grandkids probably. HK has changed the menu system for parts, cars , boats etc. To find the parts for the Affinity go to spare parts in Boats, click on categories and then select the boat you want the parts for. Why they keep changing things I don't know. My old mind gets set on how to do something and then they change it.
Feb 08, 2018, 11:27 AM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Thanks to John Bennett for spraying my hull fluorescent orange, looks great
Feb 10, 2018, 06:28 AM
Beach Bum
Thank You tugboat for finding the spare parts.

Mallettron, that looks nice. I am planning on orange accents like pinstripes, maybe in vinyl to keep it easy. What type of paint was used for yours (enamel, acrylic, epoxy) and is there a clear sprayed over it? Thanks
Feb 10, 2018, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMongr
Thank You tugboat for finding the spare parts.

Mallettron, that looks nice. I am planning on orange accents like pinstripes, maybe in vinyl to keep it easy. What type of paint was used for yours (enamel, acrylic, epoxy) and is there a clear sprayed over it? Thanks
Hi there

Wet and dry, then a white plastic primer, then normal car spray paint and finally a coat of laquer

Should last a while and be easy to replace if it gets chipped etc.

I like the idea of it being coloured, much easier to see on the water amongst the other white ones
Feb 13, 2018, 12:11 PM
http://forum.hobbyking.com/discussio...n-stock#latest
Latest blog entry: Lt25
Feb 20, 2018, 05:16 AM

Keep Affinity in Production

Hi Affinity Skippers. I've had some realy nice messages sent by some of you regarding your boats and how much fun your having sailing and racing them as well as thanks for the efforts I went to while working at Hobbyking to get the Affinity into production.

You may be aware that the boat has recently gone out of stock in all Hobbyking Warehouses. I see by some of your comments here in this thread and other threads that a lot of you would like to see the boat continue in production as Affinity racing fleets are growing. If you would like to see it continue in poroduction then contact Toby at Hobbyking via the Hobbyking Forum Link below (you will need to have created a forum account to gain access). Please feel free to pass this link onto all those that you know that are sailing Affinity Yachts around the world.

http://forum.hobbyking.com/categories/talk-to-toby

I've also attached a couple of photgraphs of the original Affinity prototype which I produced from a standard Joysway Explorer Hull, I much prefer the final production bow bumper that we ended up with compared to the original proposed bumper in the photograph.

Please feel free to message me or post a thread here if you need any assistance regarding the Affinity.....Happy Sailing......Sail to Race, Race to Win!

Maximuss
Actual
Feb 20, 2018, 05:18 AM
Hammer also try this link

http://forum.hobbyking.com/categories/talk-to-toby

Kind Regards
Maximuss Actual
Feb 20, 2018, 09:24 AM
Although i also have a df65 and df95 I really like the affinity, great value for money, better than the df65 in certain winds and comes with a spare set of sails, whats not to like

Spares for the others fit the affinity and can be cheaper than hk if they only have them in stock in the international warehouse, and you can 'pimp' them up easy with some nice colours!

Would be nice to have 95 size clone as well ��
Feb 21, 2018, 06:47 AM
For those who want the Affinity just buy a Joysway Explorer V2 and make some mylar sails. Basically the same yacht. Currently on sale in AU for $120AU($94US) delivered in AU. Or the Pirate is the same hull. Unfortunately you will never see the sell out price of the Affinity again. Remember when they were first sold by HK they were priced much hirer.
Feb 23, 2018, 07:37 AM
Hobby_Qween Forum Admin, Club Members Posts: 27 mod
February 21

Hi Everyone! Good news, the Affinity will be back in stock in the global warehouse in around a month. Regional warehouses will also be stocked but they will take a little longer
Yay Affinity <3
Flag Quote Disagree Agree Like LOL
Feb 23, 2018, 08:46 AM
Good to hear, I would imagine the quickest selling yacht they have stocked.
Feb 25, 2018, 12:54 PM
Well, I would propose it was the final selling price. I stared at it for ages, but at the original price of $145-150, it never got me to pull the trigger. I started paying attention when the price started dropping, still didn't get one until it hit that $90 mark. At $90, I knew I HAD to get one. I wished I had gotten 2... But again, not sure I would get another at $150. I think the magic number for the Affinity would be at the $99 mark.

Once they went under that mark, everyone here was grabbing them off the shelf like crazy! I think at $150, it is just too short a stretch up to a DF65. Yes, the Affinity comes with another set of sails, but many of the components are just slightly under the DF65 in quality. Especially in the rigging, there was a handful of little things missing that I upgraded to DF65 status. I would have to stare at both to try to figure out what it was specifically now, but it was maybe $10-15 (retail prices) worth of little bits including better dynema line that I changed out.

Now if they upgrade those parts to the DF65 quality, then the $140 price tag might be okay. I do hope this is a slightly upgraded V2!
Feb 25, 2018, 04:04 PM
A significant consideration for Affinity vs DF65 is if you want to race.

You can always buy a $50 DF65 hull and move everything over from the affinity......................
Feb 26, 2018, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 732002
A significant consideration for Affinity vs DF65 is if you want to race.

You can always buy a $50 DF65 hull and move everything over from the affinity......................

But then it will be the same cost as a df65, best to keep it as it is and race in rg65 races, or start your own affinity class

At $99 these will fly off the shelves, better to sell thousands cheap rather than hundreds at a higher price

Quick Reply