Affinity RG65 by HyroPro (HobbyKing) - Page 18 - RC Groups
Nov 17, 2017, 08:55 AM
Question for Affinity RG65 user...is it possible to use standard RG65 keel and/or rudder (without any, or less, modification) on the Affinity?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2017, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiffelmtl
Question for Affinity RG65 user...is it possible to use standard RG65 keel and/or rudder (without any, or less, modification) on the Affinity?
Its the same as the DF65 if thats what your asking.
Nov 17, 2017, 09:29 AM
I know that the keel, the bulb and the rudder of the affinity are practically the same as the Df65, but if I want to buy rudder or keel/bulb made for standard RG65 (like this rudder: http://www.mxcomponents.com/en/rudde...mone-mx-7.html) does it will fit?
Nov 17, 2017, 09:35 AM
you will have to modify the top of the fin to fit the keel box as the keel for a RG65 is thinner,
the rudder should fit, just need to modify the top so it matches the shape of the hull
Nov 18, 2017, 04:06 PM
What do you suggest me for electronics for the Affinity (I already have Futaba 6ex transmitter and Futaba R617FS receiver)?

Thanks
Nov 19, 2017, 03:43 PM
The Affinity comes with everything except the receiver and transmitter. You don't need servos or battery holder. Some people do upgrade to a Life battery pack.
Nov 19, 2017, 05:45 PM
But it I want to use a better servo, what to choose?
Nov 19, 2017, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiffelmtl
But it I want to use a better servo, what to choose?
I have the hitec 645mg in mine.
Dec 05, 2017, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat2011
Was just moving it and had another look. There is Velcro down the spline that holds the divider in place. Should be possible to attach the CF/dowel tube to that with some tabs of the loop (soft) Velcro tape. Probably only need about 6. The divider would still have plenty to grip to stay in place.
This is what I did quickly to give the bag strength to protect rigs.
Dec 18, 2017, 11:08 AM
Was able to maiden mine this weekend ! Ran it against my sailing buddy's DF65 and it did everything his did at the same speed !! Mine even had sloppy sails, so I ll fix that this week !! Neat little boat had a blast sailing it ! Did change the looks a little !
Dec 18, 2017, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboat2011
This is what I did quickly to give the bag strength to protect rigs.
Thank you tougboat that is a perfect solution!!! I couldn't get my brain around reinforcing the side panels, your idea is nice and simple. I was thinking of somehow making a slit to slide it into the outer shell like a pocket. Simpler is nicer!

Dick, can't wait to hear some more especially Against the DF65!
Dec 18, 2017, 06:34 PM
I have re done both sails today so this weekend hopefully I ll get to let her out and have some more fun !!!!! I l post results !
Dec 18, 2017, 08:01 PM
Beach Bum
I recently bought the Affinity and am working on rigging with my son. After seeing how cool it is i bought the Monsoon 1800mm as well so we can sail together. We are big into rc planes and buggies and this is our first sailboat.
I was wondering how the antennae should be routed/placed for best reception. Does it stay inside the hull?
Dec 18, 2017, 08:09 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
My Seawind and DF95 just have them tucked inside the hull under the deck, one across & one lengthwise.
The sailboat will not be very far away, compared to your planes and even tucked inside, I can get clear across our lake ( a bit less than 1000 ft) with good reception, even when it is too far to see what is happening with it.

BP
Dec 18, 2017, 08:10 PM
Mine is and no problem, do put it as high as you can inside You ll love the Monsoon, a couple of out guys have the smaller one and boy is it fast !!!!!

Quick Reply