Affinity RG65 by HyroPro (HobbyKing) - Page 16 - RC Groups
Aug 08, 2017, 01:24 PM
Boomer1
Sweetieinsf
It appears you have adopted my approach to radio sailing. At this point of my life, I am in this great past time to have fun, to enjoy the beautiful lakes we get to sail on, enjoy the fellowship of my fellow sailors and as mentioned I enjoy a nip or two of "Captain Morgan's and Ginger" to keep the bite of the sea at bay!
Racing has been great fun and helped me sharpen my skills to be sure. But sailing with my mates on a beautiful day is clearly a far better way to spend one's time than any day I spent at work!
I shall achieve the high water mark of my life in October, 73 which seems very difficult to process at times. I am blessed with health, good looks (matter of opinion to be sure) a very sharp wit, and according to my wife I am still very over married! So at your young age you have caught on very quickly! It will serve you well!
Do try my beverage of choice on your next outing. All that I've introduced it to have made it a regular staple in their sailing kit! Enjoy mates. It is all good!
Boomer
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2017, 02:08 PM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcaneer
I find it good to remove the hatch after every sailing session, and leave it open, so it airs out all humidity. Otherwise, things get corroded pretty quickly from trapped in water.
Yes i agree up to a point, if no water gets in then taking the drain plug out is all you need
The switch has been waterproofed with corrosion x, the rx (flysky 3 channel) works well even after being submerged ( happened to my fishing boat that got sideswiped by an ft009, the hull was holed and full of water, esc, rx, servo and lipo survived, guess it was due to being plain water, quick dry and no problems)

Been like that for about 6 months and it still works
Aug 08, 2017, 08:32 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1
Sweetieinsf
It appears you have adopted my approach to radio sailing. At this point of my life, I am in this great past time to have fun, to enjoy the beautiful lakes we get to sail on, enjoy the fellowship of my fellow sailors and as mentioned I enjoy a nip or two of "Captain Morgan's and Ginger" to keep the bite of the sea at bay!
Racing has been great fun and helped me sharpen my skills to be sure. But sailing with my mates on a beautiful day is clearly a far better way to spend one's time than any day I spent at work!
I shall achieve the high water mark of my life in October, 73 which seems very difficult to process at times. I am blessed with health, good looks (matter of opinion to be sure) a very sharp wit, and according to my wife I am still very over married! So at your young age you have caught on very quickly! It will serve you well!
Do try my beverage of choice on your next outing. All that I've introduced it to have made it a regular staple in their sailing kit! Enjoy mates. It is all good!
Boomer
Thanks Boomer! I'm off to buy a bottle of Captain Morgan's! ARRRggghh Matey!! Funny story: I once went to a costume party dressed as a pirate - a very flamboyant pirate. Everyone kept calling me Captain Morgan and I kept telling them "No, it's Admiral Sweetie!" Having never seen or heard of Captain Morgan I had unknowingly dressed as a dead ringer!
Aug 09, 2017, 03:03 AM
Kimo
Boomer , you and I must be twins.. I will also be 73 in Oct. and we are headed to Los Cabos the end of Oct to celebrate making it this far. let me be the first to wish you a very early happy day.
Aug 09, 2017, 12:21 PM
Boomer1
Back at you amigo! Not October yet so I'll enjoy my current water level.
Boomer