Affinity RG65 by HyroPro (HobbyKing) - Page 15 - RC Groups
Jun 09, 2017, 11:27 PM
lol wind speed is wind speed and it blows hard here enough said
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2017, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 732002
I'm going to believe that the lack of a battery hatch was to cut cost not for structural reasons.
The keel should make this area very strong. It is super convenient to charge the battery from a small hatch opening.

I rather like the wider hips on this hull compared to the DF65. I look forward to sailing the Columbia Gorge in 17-22 mph
with the C rig.

edit B rig..............................
we sail in Hood River at the marina at 1pm on sundays if you ever want to make the drive, pm me if interested.
Jul 15, 2017, 09:28 PM
I have just completed rigging my new Affinity. I still have a lot of Irish pennants to trim but it went together pretty easily.

This is my first sailboat and I couldn't resist the $91 sale price from HK.

What's the deal with deck eye #3 being clipped? I thought I recieved a defective boat, but zooming into all pics, I see they are all like that. What's its purpose?
Jul 15, 2017, 09:59 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Makes it easy to de-rig the boat. The end of the line just slips over the eye.
Jul 16, 2017, 06:51 AM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missiletm
I have just completed rigging my new Affinity. I still have a lot of Irish pennants to trim but it went together pretty easily.

This is my first sailboat and I couldn't resist the $91 sale price from HK.

What's the deal with deck eye #3 being clipped? I thought I recieved a defective boat, but zooming into all pics, I see they are all like that. What's its purpose?
As said, usually done to make it easier to derig, backstay, this loop, 2 for the sails and it can all be taken down
Today, 11:32 AM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Now out if stock worldwide

And the price is the lowest its ever been