This thread is privately moderated by schumixmd, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 15, 2016, 09:04 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

The successful maiden of SkyEye from E-do Model

Hi everyone.

well, as you might know, the weather in Europe this summer is not so generous to us(even now is still raining), therefore I had to delay the maiden a few weeks, then I was not able to bring the team together due to the unavailable free time for all.
But I couldn't postpone it forever, and I decided to do it by my self - (therefore the video quality is suffering, sorry for that ).

I've only had two flights on that day, that's why I do believe it is too early to have the final conclusion, but I would like to already share some remarks:
  • the plane is flying slow - good for aerial video
  • single motor pusher version - no underpower problem. Twin version will be even more efficient.
  • there is still a lot of space inside for batteries and electronics.
  • the parts are aligned perfectly. If the plane is assembled correctly no trims are needed.
  • perfect for long range flights
  • good angle for FPV camera and camera behind the dome (runcam in my case).

The only cons I have identified so far, is that with all the weigh in the front, GoPro, RunCam, 2x3000mah 3s batteries, Video Tx, the AP and DragonLink Rx on the CG and additional saving the weight from the tailboom holder - the plane was in balance - or keen to have aft CG.

Most probably a gimbal in front or twin motor setup will be slightly different.

I invite you to watch the video.
You can turn your favorite music on if you don't like to listen to my annoying voice.

SkyEye by E-do Model: Successful maiden (17 min 29 sec)

I will definitely do some adjustments and will have some more flights, afterwards I will come with follow-up videos. So, please stay tuned...
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply