Jun 14, 2016, 03:02 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

glider tow plane

any recommendations on power to weight for a glider to plane? would be for an 100 inch model not sure the exact one though. any wingspan size for the tug?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2016, 08:49 PM
I have a plane I use as a tow plane. Low Wing Trainer. Looks a lot like a Goldberg Sky Tiger. I use a Tacon 60 electirc motor, 6s 5500 battery. I biggest one I have hauled so far is a over weight Ventus. Flew fine. Had a climb out of 75 to 80 degree, acted like any other glider. I know it could haul a bigger glider. We use a cradle that is bolted to the fuse and has a servo operated release.

Here is a bad video of it hauling a Fling up.

Dru's Glider Launcher (2 min 34 sec)

Buzz.
Last edited by blvdbuzzard; Jun 14, 2016 at 08:50 PM. Reason: SPELLING!!
Jun 14, 2016, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmouse
any recommendations on power to weight for a glider to plane? would be for an 100 inch model not sure the exact one though. any wingspan size for the tug?
Take a look at the Art Tech Pilatus Porter PC-6 from HK. I love mine with the power & size it is. Here's a pretty good vid of the plane & its glider capabilities.

Denny

FLIGHT OF ART-TECH 600 CLASS PC-6 7CH 40A BRUSHLESS ESC RC PLANE (3 min 28 sec)
Jun 14, 2016, 11:09 PM
Thread OP
what kind of power can you get from the Pilatus Porter PC-6 you have? watts? thrust? do you know? any guesses?

Quick Reply