Blade 250 CFX BNF Basic With SAFE Technology

The Blade 250 CFX helicopter is a mid-sized heli to transition into sport aerobatics.

Splash

The 250 CFX delivers a precision, high-performance 3D experience without the high cost or intimidating size of larger class helicopters.

Horizon Hobby has a new helicopter on the market that fits the bill for people looking to make a transition from standard flight into aerobatics and some 3D flight.

The new 250 is brushless powered on the main motor as well as the tail motor. It also has a robust carbon frame and main blades. As with most of the Horizon products, you can expect to have a good experience with the included AR636 with SAFE technology that allows you to progress your skills. Stability mode keeps the copter level if you lose orientation at the flip of a switch.

Features

• Fully assembled
  • SAFE technology makes flight with a collective pitch helicopter easier
  • Stability mode
  • Brushless main and tail motors
  • Progressive flight modes
  • Panic Recovery mode can recover the heli to a level attitude
  • Collective pitch rotor system with flybarless mechanics
  • Carbon fiber main blades
  • Carbon fiber frame
  • AR636 receiver with AS3X heli technology
  • Digital high-speed metal gear cyclic servos
  • 3S compatible

For more information on the Blade 250 CFX click here.

Jun 15, 2016, 09:38 PM
Looks nice but I wish they would bring back a 400 size heli that uses the common 3 cell 2200 mah sized bsttery, I'll be patiently waiting for that!
Jun 15, 2016, 09:58 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Don't think it's coming, I think we may see the complete decline of the 325mm by, what 2018... 2020? Keep your classic 450's. They may become classics soon what with 360mms going to 380's!
Jun 16, 2016, 02:15 PM
Ah finally! Now I can throw one of these into one of the many 250 sized scale bodies!
Jun 16, 2016, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris jones
Ah finally! Now I can throw one of these into one of the many 250 sized scale bodies!
Where are these scale bodies?? Link please.

Jim
Jun 16, 2016, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbewley
Where are these scale bodies?? Link please.

Jim
Hmmm, I think you may have misunderstood me - there are many 250 scale bodies for different helis that I'm sure this could be grafted into, I didn't mean Blade specific ones, sorry to get your hopes up.
Jun 16, 2016, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Hmmm, I think you may have misunderstood me - there are many 250 scale bodies for different helis that I'm sure this could be grafted into, I didn't mean Blade specific ones, sorry to get your hopes up.
No, I knew what you meant. All the scale bodies I seem to find, are in the 450 range or a MD500 or the nano.

Point me to someone that does the 250 size please.

Jim
Jun 16, 2016, 04:31 PM
http://www.scaleflying.com/250-Size-...ges_c_119.html

This is the first of several pages that came up with a google search of "250 heli scale bodies"
Jun 16, 2016, 05:05 PM
Quote:
http://www.scaleflying.com/250-Size-...ges_c_119.html

This is the first of several pages that came up with a google search of "250 heli scale bodies"
Thanks. The MD500 is the main one in that size and it is not my favorite.

Jim
Jun 16, 2016, 05:41 PM
would this fly better then the blade cp's i have not yet tried ?
I wonder if they take trade-ins
Jun 16, 2016, 06:05 PM
Closed Account
They're a calling it a mid size heli. I don't know but even a 450 is still a considered a "mini". It may be mid size in their line-up but generally the Blade 250 is closer to a micro. Though it's still bigger than a T-Rex 250 comparing its 245mm blades to the 205mm blades of the T-Rex.

One thing makers are doing now is going to blade size rather than the old motor size convention. Blade size is a better scale to use, but it's confusing since a 360 in terms of blade size is actually somewhat bigger than a traditional 450.

Then there's helis that don't even have a size equivalent on the old scale. The Lynx Oxy 3 is like that with 255mm blades, which BTW makes it a direct competitor to the the Blade 250. I'm sure the value is a lot better with the Blade heli, but the performance and quality will be better with the Oxy 3. That's one thing Blade is good at, providing good value in a BNF heli. The Oxy 3 is a kit so in that sense they don't compete directly.

Then there's the motored tail. I actually like motored tails on micros, but once you move toward a mini I think it's not as much of an advantage. Belt or shaft driven tails respond faster and the higher the weight of the heli the more of a difference. Though even for a heli as large as the Blade 250 they have the advantage of simplicity and reliablity.
Last edited by CraigHB; Jun 16, 2016 at 06:27 PM.
Jun 16, 2016, 06:23 PM
My other addiction!
The Lynx Oxy 3, and the new Blade 250, match up with what used to be called the 300 class. Most 300's had 245-255 mm blades. And since the T-Rex 250 doesn't use a 250mm blade, the fuselages available for 250 (motor) class helis are too small for these new ones. (Even Blade's 300CFX uses 245mm blades.)
Jun 16, 2016, 09:01 PM
Before the comparisons start... yes this is a 300CFX with a motorized tail and bailout. Go check the parts list.

However will be interesting to see how people like it compared to a proper belted driven tail.

I also like the chance for new canopies for my 300CFX lol.
Jun 17, 2016, 01:47 PM
To my eye this is about the perfect small field heli for all but the best pilots out there. I like the quality materials, simple setup, and panic mode to increase confidence and experimentation. If it came with a 26-hour day, I'd dive right in and enjoy a couple of hours of flying each afternoon. Sadly, without that I don't have a whole lot of reason to pick one up. I have too many helis on the shelf waiting for me to have more time to fly.

I look forward to hearing how people like this one. Maybe some great flight reports will push me over the edge.
Jun 19, 2016, 09:25 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahcir
Looks nice but I wish they would bring back a 400 size heli that uses the common 3 cell 2200 mah sized bsttery, I'll be patiently waiting for that!
Hmm... new refreshed 360 CFX

http://www.modelflight.com.au/helico...elicopter.html

Yeah, I know, 6S and stretched but it comes now with the triple blade head and 7210... Hmm...

Quick Reply