Jun 13, 2016, 09:42 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Naze32 Vs. EagleTree Vector for Aerial Photography

I'm looking at a GoPro platform for aerial photography and videopgraphy, but I'm trying to decide on a flight controller.

A Naze32 Full, MinimOSD, and GPS is around $55.

An EagleTree Vector that includes a full color OSD, current sensor, GPS/Compass module, and a host of features is $237.99.

I'm wondering if it's worth the extra money, or if I can get the Naze32 to do the same thing (Without the full color OSD obviously) for a fraction of the cost.

Thank you for your insights.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2016, 10:28 AM
Consider a cc3d revo, or tau sparky 2. They are 32 bit f3 controllers (similar to naze32), but, have available built in features such as baro, native minim osd with ground control station capability. With added gps, you can get rth, loiter. alt hold. Price with gps will be less than the Eagle tree

Also consider a pixhawk, lor pixhawk racer. Similar pricing to eagle tree, but, open source, lots of tweaking and tuning options and HUUUUGE user community

For my first basic build I used a CC3D Nano. Only $12.00 on ebay. Cheap, easy to set up, and a good learning experience in setup and tuning. Also, takes up very little space on F450 frame
Jun 13, 2016, 11:48 AM
Thread OP
So you would go with a CC3D Revo over a Naze32 10DOF Rev 6? I was thinking of getting the Ublox NEO-M8N GPS/Compass combo to add on.

It's going to go on a DH410 Alien frame. Mainly because I really prefer a folding frame for anything over 300mm.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dh410-fpv...wheelbase.html
Jun 13, 2016, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiCorp
So you would go with a CC3D Revo over a Naze32 10DOF Rev 6? I was thinking of getting the Ublox NEO-M8N GPS/Compass combo to add on.

It's going to go on a DH410 Alien frame. Mainly because I really prefer a folding frame for anything over 300mm.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dh410-fpv...wheelbase.html
This naze32 you are considering does have a barometer, and can be used with a gps and advanced flight modes. I would say it is about the same, with the exception that the cc3d revo has a built in op-link radio for telemetry downlink directly to a pc or tablet. Also, the revo is more plug n play since it has some easy to connect connectors instead of pins which require soldering. The cc3d revo is also more expensive, thats why I went with the no frills nano version

However, other boards such as the apm, pixhawk, and dji naza have been around a while so their code base is much more mature. and you will probably find they are more reliable

Be sure and read up in the development wiki's for the naze32 and the cc3d.

As for myself, I will be upgrading to a pixhawk-variant, when, and if funds permit
Jun 13, 2016, 11:11 PM
Noob
Naze32 Ver 5 no gps Alien H-680...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7U...APCtHbA/videos

I prefer the naze32 over the naza v2 it just handles better when it comes to asymmetrical frames.

Have a few osd's kicking around... never used them much don't see the point of having crap on my screen when the taranis tells me all i need to know.

Naze32 Ver6c running the latest inav with a m8n mini now... i get full gps/naze telemetry fed to my taranis screen via a frsky tx... if the quad goes down just plug the gps coordinates into google maps.

Full Naze32 rev6c and m8n mini will run you close to $100

That frame looks like crap... been flying folding h-frames for a few years now... pm me can give you better options... just no time at atm.

l8tr...

Quick Reply