Thread Tools
Jun 13, 2016, 06:20 AM
Multirotor geek
Thread OP
Discussion

Maybe We Do Need a Temporary Ban, Just Until We Can Figure This Out


http://www.mediaite.com/online/maybe...gure-this-out/



Quote:
As a liberal, itís hard for me to admit that maybe Iíve been wrong in supporting the sorts of half-measures that allowed this atrocity to take place, but freedom is important to me. But our weak-willed politicians have failed to keep us safe from these people, unwilling even to find a better way to vet them, let alone to keep the most dangerous ones from slipping through. Iíve heard all of the arguments before, that not all of them are killers, but all of the killers seem to be them. Meanwhile, we have a president who refuses to even identify them by name.

The Constitution protects their most cherished practices, but it doesnít, or it shouldnít, protect this unmitigated slaughter. We shouldnít need to infringe on the good ones to weed out the bad ones, we just need the good ones to be a little more cooperative. When was the last time you heard one of them denounce their own for this perversion of their beliefs? They act like this scourge has nothing to do with them, when clearly, this scourge emanates from within their ranks, and they actively oppose any effort to stem it. In fact, their perfect solution is to attract more converts.

If they wonít police their own, then maybe itís time we did it for them. Just temporarily, until we can figure this out.

Update: The reaction to this column has been overwhelming, and Iím tempted to re-think my new stance. The problem is, weíve tried to be reasonable. It didnít work. Theyíre laughing at us. If they had their way, there would be no laws to stand in the way of their extreme beliefs. Just until we can figure this out, thatís all Iím saying.

http://tammybruce.com/2016/06/maybe-...-this-out.html


Clyde
Jun 13, 2016, 06:30 AM
Real Time Recon
realtimerecon's Avatar
You'll have two choices soon.
Vote to Keep the status quo .
Or vote for a new path.
Jun 13, 2016, 06:49 AM
Official Old Git!
Norman Adlam's Avatar
I'm just curious as to what "until we can figure it out" means practically?
It rather seems as if some bolt of inspiration is expected to arrive from a cloudless sky, and the Magic Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything will make itself known.

Especially as most killings are simply done by Americans, and that - rather strangely enough - seems to make minimal difference to Americans themselves..
Jun 13, 2016, 06:59 AM
Registered User
Deadstick 8409's Avatar
No possibility at all that this was an act of an American homophobe , who saw two men kissing, bought the most powerful weapon he could, and did his act of evil. Yes, he did call in his pledge of allegiance, but when did ISIS declare him one of their own?

The facts are just beginning to trickle in, but so far I don't see (other than a phone call and a religion) much different than the Aurora shooting.
Jun 13, 2016, 07:10 AM
Multirotor geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick 8409
No possibility at all that this was an act of an American homophobe , who saw two men kissing, bought the most powerful weapon he could, and did his act of evil. Yes, he did call in his pledge of allegiance, but when did ISIS declare him one of their own?

The facts are just beginning to trickle in, but so far I don't see (other than a phone call and a religion) much different than the Aurora shooting.
So, when is Jesus going to invite me personally to join him?

BTW, that wasn't "the most powerful weapon", an AR is good, but an AK would've inflicted much more damage in that range.



7.62 VS 5.56... Head to Head (7 min 49 sec)


Clyde
Jun 13, 2016, 07:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
bought the most powerful weapon he could
The most powerful "weapon" he could buy isn't even a firearm. It's an inexpensive commonly available commodity and had it been employed by the Terrorist, the death toll would number hundreds.
Jun 13, 2016, 07:42 AM
Last seen fleeing Detroit
SKYPILEIT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtimerecon
You'll have two choices soon.

Vote to Keep the status quo .

Or vote for a new path.
^ correct, it's amazing & a bit scary that some will defend current immigration policies and wish to continue on the same path.
Jun 13, 2016, 08:24 AM
Multirotor geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT56
The most powerful "weapon" he could buy isn't even a firearm. It's an inexpensive commonly available commodity and had it been employed by the Terrorist, the death toll would number hundreds.
There are so many more ways this guy could've upped the body count, but he wanted notoriety for doing so, he chose the gun. He could've easily slipped in a bomb, poison gas, fire, etc., etc..

Clyde
Jun 13, 2016, 08:31 AM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Have yet to hear anyone mention that this was a nightclub and it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon into a night club in most localities , even with a permit, unless you are an on duty law enforcement officer.
Yet another gun free zone massacre.
Jun 13, 2016, 08:41 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick 8409
No possibility at all that this was an act of an American homophobe , who saw two men kissing, bought the most powerful weapon he could, and did his act of evil. Yes, he did call in his pledge of allegiance, but when did ISIS declare him one of their own?

The facts are just beginning to trickle in, but so far I don't see (other than a phone call and a religion) much different than the Aurora shooting.
Head meet sand.
Jun 13, 2016, 08:41 AM
Registered User
Big Foot 48's Avatar
Poorly written opinion piece. Did he ever define what the ban he is calling for refers to? I assume he's writing about a ban on Muslim immigration but where does he say that? Or is it a ban on being a Muslim? Or a ban on something else?
Jun 13, 2016, 08:44 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor
There are so many more ways this guy could've upped the body count, but he wanted notoriety for doing so, he chose the gun.

Clyde
By helping to fuel the anti-gun movement in the country, he helps the ISIS agenda. Over three hundred million firearms in the hands of the citizenry is definitely an impediment to an Islamic Jihad.
Jun 13, 2016, 08:47 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
Poorly written opinion piece. Did he ever define what the ban he is calling for refers to? I assume he's writing about a ban on Muslim immigration but where does he say that? Or is it a ban on being a Muslim? Or a ban on something else?
I read it as a ban on people being born in America. Wasn't this guy an American?
Jun 13, 2016, 08:48 AM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor
There are so many more ways this guy could've upped the body count, but he wanted notoriety for doing so, he chose the gun. He could've easily slipped in a bomb, poison gas, fire, etc., etc..

Clyde
Clyde,

I see you just Love those gun videos...............

See you have not seen the interview of the Orlando SHOOTER's ex-wife, did you?

I believe he was a very frustrated young man (29 year old) and could not pass the Police Exam or qualifying. It is my thoughts that he wanted to engage the Authorities and reason for nothing more lethal.
Jun 13, 2016, 08:49 AM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
I read it as a ban on people being born in America. Wasn't this guy an American?
New York City as I understand!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools