Dec 21, 2018, 02:10 PM
Unfortunately the service email account is heavily spammed resulting that we do not always see the emails coming in. That's why we implemented on online CRM system to endure we can keep track of this.

Send me a PM with your purchase details and I will open a CRM so that the service guys can look into it.

Happy Holidays!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2018, 09:38 AM
Pm sent, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
Unfortunately the service email account is heavily spammed resulting that we do not always see the emails coming in. That's why we implemented on online CRM system to endure we can keep track of this.

Send me a PM with your purchase details and I will open a CRM so that the service guys can look into it.

Happy Holidays!
Dec 31, 2018, 09:25 AM
Anything ever happen with this? Pm sent on the 22nd. Havnt heard from anyone?? Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA

Happy Holidays!
Last edited by kevin; Dec 31, 2018 at 09:41 AM.
Jan 13, 2019, 10:46 PM
A big thanks to GraupnerUSA for following up on my issue and sending some replacement servos. Unfortunately, the replacement servos have the same issue and dont center well. One is slightly better than the others but its still not right (i will use them in something less critical and slowly replace these) I did fly it 4 times last week before the servos showed up and it definitely had trim issues especially with the elevator. I recently installed a futaba s3150 for the elevator with a little dremel work to the servo mount (have not flown it yet). The futaba servo doesnt have the slop of the Graupner. I also replaced the esc with a ztw gecko 65 because it was pulling 44 amps on the stock prop and i would like to try a prop with more pitch which will increase the amps. In the meantime i applied a custom econkote finish and hope to fly it again as soon as the weather breaks...
Last edited by kevin; Jan 13, 2019 at 10:53 PM.
Jan 21, 2019, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
In the meantime i applied a custom econkote finish and hope to fly it again as soon as the weather breaks...
That’s a really nice and clean color scheme.
Mar 26, 2019, 11:48 PM
I attended the Georgetown Aero
Modelers Association Pattern Clinic last weekend with the Hottrigger and my Vyper 48 super. Being a 20 kt day down the runway my planes were at a disadvantage to the 2 meter planes there. But my planes didn’t know that.

It was a beneficial session as the folks running it were National Champs and actually coached me for the wind conditions using my Hottrigger. It took all the throttle to strain out of the downwind legs to go upwind. The Hottrigger could do it even with the jovial ribbing I got from the Judges. I think the success was due to my callers/coaches being pattern champs instructing with great strategy flying against the wind.

The poor Vyper fried a motor on the second sequence. The Hottrigger flew the remaining three. Landings for everyone were a day if you got it down without damage was a good score. The Hottrigger was at nearly a standstill at touchdown. They commented that it looked like it would work pretty well and be a lot of fun in calmer conditions.

I got First Place in Sportsman. So what if I was the only one in the divivision. I was in the company of great pilots, got great coaching and had a great time. I brought it home intact and got a plac. No, I did not use the Gyro! I actually got some 10 scores on my sheet with it. It continues to be a good plane.
Last edited by Oneblueyedog; Mar 26, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
Mar 27, 2019, 07:47 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Sounds like you had a great time.
Mar 29, 2019, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
A big thanks to GraupnerUSA for following up on my issue and sending some replacement servos. Unfortunately, the replacement servos have the same issue and dont center well. One is slightly better than the others but its still not right (i will use them in something less critical and slowly replace these) I did fly it 4 times last week before the servos showed up and it definitely had trim issues especially with the elevator. I recently installed a futaba s3150 for the elevator with a little dremel work to the servo mount (have not flown it yet). The futaba servo doesnt have the slop of the Graupner. I also replaced the esc with a ztw gecko 65 because it was pulling 44 amps on the stock prop and i would like to try a prop with more pitch which will increase the amps. In the meantime i applied a custom econkote finish and hope to fly it again as soon as the weather breaks...
Hey KEvin, how did you put the econokote on?? did you used glue or the iron on low heat?
would like to re-cover mine

REgards,
Patricio
Mar 29, 2019, 02:04 PM
Econokote is a low temp iron on covering. I used an iron on low heat. Worked great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFlier
Hey KEvin, how did you put the econokote on?? did you used glue or the iron on low heat?
would like to re-cover mine

REgards,
Patricio
Sep 22, 2019, 10:22 PM
Wow I watched the RC groups build video and did as suggested using blue loctite on the tail section. It seemed to strip/melt the threaded insert in the rudder. Are the threads plastic? The bolt provided seemed too short but it did catch...barely. After the first flight one of the guys noticed the tail section was loose. When I pulled it apart I noticed the bolt would not hold and it seemed like it pulled the threads on the insert out. If the bolt was longer I doubt I would have even used the loctite as a longer bolt threads further into the rudder section like an inch or more further and holds tight. It still does! Seems like Graupner sent me a short bolt. As mentioned in the video loosing that bolt could cause the loss of the plane if it were to fall out.

Am I missing something?
Oct 08, 2019, 03:13 PM
Ended up having to glue the tail section on. Now very solid. Set the rates on the elevator to 125% which made a huge difference. Also installed a Eagle Pro gyro. The plane lands better in the wind than my Flex QQ 300 due to its size/weight. I really like the tool-less main wing release.
Dec 17, 2019, 09:31 PM
YHD
YHD
This wing mounting system is sure sweet
Feb 05, 2020, 06:06 PM
YHD
YHD
Only issue I have is this type of foam is sure a buggar to paint
Feb 05, 2020, 06:52 PM
Now on sale for $160, tempting.
Feb 07, 2020, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citationfxr
Now on sale for $160, tempting.
IMHO, you WILL NOT find a NEW AEROBATIC/3D/SPORT FLYING (very versatile) compatible 1400MM or larger PNP plane that is easy to build with all electronics installed - except YOUR receiver and battery - AT or AROUND this price point ANYWHERE

Also, with my extensive research on this plane which included videos, reviews, etc, at least TWO people say that this plane "appears" to fly closer to a balsa plane of this type (category) than a foam plane.

Because of the reasons I stated, I ordered one.

Quick Reply