This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 12, 2016, 09:03 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

my 2 worlds

since i remember, i have been fascinated with art and technology. went into tech by need but still liked art. now i can practice both, with my model airplanes, and with painting. when i got into painting i realized that as there was so much to learn in order to achieve what i wanted, i had to concentrate on it, so i quit planes for several years. but now i understand that painting is pasive; more like meditation, and feel like as if i were in the painting am doing, and i spend way more time just watching the paint than painting. this is great for me for relaxing, but does not help to keep my brains active. on the other hand, planes do. designing, building, requires an effort to understand all kind of problems and find the best solution. and flying means action. instant reactions constantly. facing the problem of keeping track of how the plane is flying; searching for a thermal; making sure that the plane does not drift away too far... and landing, with the turbulence increasing near the ground, needs all my concentration and fast reactions. it is fun, but dinamic fun! so i have reached the point where that, even if both are extreme opposites, practicing both gives me a balance that helps me feel young and alive.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply