Jul 16, 2018, 07:34 AM
SCALE Sailor
Fantastic!

How did she do? Response, handling, would she go close-hauled?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2018, 09:28 AM
Thread OP
many thanks...much relieved..........first....should she sit lower in the water?........second....i had a steel wire in the foot of the mainsails, but they still folded up quite a bit, so i will find a thicker wire...nice if it were stainless......
anyways, was hard to keep from drifting, couldn't have done it without being on a boat....had to tow it back....though even in a strong gust the lower gun ports didn't get wet......but it was for the romance anyways, for true sailing, a more modern ship would be preferable of course......
with the crazy weather up here...either too windy , or raining...plus with my wife using the truck all week to work, it's hard to find a window to take her out....we have a very short summer...yesterday was the first really perfect day this year so far......
i ordered another relay for the cannon firing but won't get it till september, middle of.......
our videos were too shaky, but i'll have a friend try and splice the best parts together along with a video from a cell phone of a couple guns firing.....
anyways ...not sure when i'll be able to go out again, hate imposing on friend with the boat.....
now gotta finish cutting a hole in our house for a pellet stove vent.....cheers.........
Jul 17, 2018, 12:28 AM
SCALE Sailor

waterline

From the drawing it looks like she should float just below the lowest point of the main wale, like 1.5-2cm
Name: waterline.jpg
Views: 31
Size: 72.0 KB
Description:
Jul 17, 2018, 01:02 AM
Thread OP
oh for pete sakes....didn't think of looking at the drawing....sheesh....thanks jerry......i'll have to add two more coke cans of lead, plus maybe some extra pieces to balance......
Jul 20, 2018, 05:54 PM
Thread OP
just a record that she sails, and the cannons work.....will try for better if there's an opportunity
la couronne cannons (0 min 20 sec)
Jul 22, 2018, 09:54 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2018, 11:53 AM
Thread OP
thanks ironman....when the stars are in the right position, i'll hopefull get some better shots and videos......
Jul 22, 2018, 04:16 PM
SCALE Sailor
The ladies make the vid
"Oh! What popped!"
Jul 22, 2018, 06:24 PM
Thread OP
ha....i find that more ladies were interested in the ship than men, anytime i worked on it outside...the times they are a changing......next.....ladies r/c builders club.....one lady asked what popped...the video was cut before the other ''lady'' who was taking the video said...it's the cannons firing
Jul 22, 2018, 08:31 PM
SCALE Sailor
She's in there, it cuts right after she says "it's the cannons" and the first lady says "oh my god" and everyone laughs at the second shot
Jul 22, 2018, 11:50 PM
Thread OP
oops

Quick Reply