Chair-Pak First Look

I've been smitten with the Chair-Pak ever since I first heard about it. It's a chair that folds into a backpack and can hold your gear...

Splash

The Ultimate FPV Chair

I've been smitten with the Chair-Pak ever since I first heard about it. It's a chair that folds into a backpack and can hold your gear. The Drone-Pak insert that will get made if enough people show interest will be awesome as well. The inventor sent me a chair to check out and review, but I knew I would be at the Pecan Patch FPV event when it would arrive so I had him send it directly to the event.

I received it today and quickly unpacked it and finally got to see what it's all about. First impressions are that this thing is AWESOME! It's lighter than my normal chair and it has a ton of space inside, lots of pockets and straps, clips and loops that you can use to attach or store just about anything you want. It also comes with a removable cooler pack inside which is a nice touch. What really surprised me was just how easy it was to set up and fold back up. It's two seconds to transform from a pack to a chair and back. I love it when things are smartly engineered to make life easier and this does just that. You can adjust the recline angle and it's really comfortable to sit in. I'll be working on a full review and write up to post next week, but I wanted to get my first impressions out along with the video below. I'll be using it all weekend at the Pecan Patch and plan to install my 1.3Ghz ground station on a mast to make it truly an all-in-one FPV ground station.

Chair-Pak First Look (1 min 49 sec)

Jun 10, 2016, 01:15 PM
Is the model available for bookings?
Jun 10, 2016, 01:40 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Haha
Jun 10, 2016, 09:06 PM
Running jokes into the ground
What is the max weight this thing can support?
Jun 10, 2016, 11:10 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
230lbs
Jun 16, 2016, 09:48 AM
I always thought those fold-up chairs with the sun shield would be neat because you could mount your antenna up high on the shield.

Jun 16, 2016, 11:12 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Yeah, but you still have to carry that chair and all your other gear. There is a sun shade for the Chair-Pak too and I have a solution for an FPV ground station in the works. Planning on shooting the review photos and video next week. Fun stuff.
Jun 16, 2016, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
230lbs
This takes a bunch of us out of the running for this chair.
Jun 27, 2016, 08:47 AM
We are using similar systems (backpack with integrated chair) in my other Sport.... IPSC Shooting. Don't know where in USA to buy ist, but maybe dr. Google knows some dealers

Greetings,
Wolfgang
Jun 27, 2016, 09:20 AM
IMATECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawatt
This takes a bunch of us out of the running for this chair.
If you can't make the 230lb cut, maybe you (we!) need to walk around when we fly.
Jun 27, 2016, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crtsr
If you can't make the 230lb cut, maybe you (we!) need to walk around when we fly.
i don't need to walk around and i weigh 325lbs i am just a big guy. the weight limit is a safety standard so the chair its self probably broke in tests around 900 lbs so they say its a 230lb limit for liability issues. but it does suck they could not hit the 300 lb mark.
Jun 29, 2016, 09:03 AM
Build, crash, repeat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by parajared
I always thought those fold-up chairs with the sun shield would be neat because you could mount your antenna up high on the shield.

Have one similar to the one pictured, and in my humble opinion, it's more trouble than it's worth. I don't fly FPV yet, but the shade blocks your view of aircraft in flight and is too small to adequately shade you from the sun, unless it's high noon. Also, mine takes forever to fold up and get back in its bag. The Chair-Pak does look nice because you only have to carry it instead of a chair, field box, etc. If you want shade, get a beach umbrella.

Quick Reply