TARMAC (Toowoomba Amateur Radio Model Aero Club) (Vale View, Queensland, Australia)

Thread Tools
Oct 06, 2018, 12:30 AM
Another Aussie
REX09's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybaines
I would just like to thank John for the outstanding job he has done with our updated Web Page .
Sensational effort ... Well done !!

Ray.
+1, more details from John at tomorrows meeting,
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2018, 12:53 AM
Captain Kangaroo
raybaines's Avatar
As a fellow who does not know the front end of a boat from the back I would like to thank Graeme for his introduction to RC Sailing !!!
A great afternoon was had with the fellows of the Tarmac Yacht Club .
All great fun !!
Oct 20, 2018, 05:19 PM
Registered User
A little bit about sailing in Toowoomba.


A group (not a club), of mainly retired individuals sail on the lake near the Alderley St. electricity sub-station.

A high embankment which is part of the flood mitigation scheme prevents the lake from being seen from Alderley Street.
Because of the frequent flooding there are no toilets in this reserve.

The council has installed a couple of jetties to make boat launching easier.
The busiest time is from 12 o'clock onwards each Sunday.

See you there.
Graeme.
Oct 20, 2018, 11:17 PM
Warbird nut
Wow ... nice storm this afternoon. Check the reading of how much the wind was gusting to at 1320 hours ...
Oct 21, 2018, 12:26 AM
Another Aussie
REX09's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybaines
As a fellow who does not know the front end of a boat from the back I would like to thank Graeme for his introduction to RC Sailing !!!
A great afternoon was had with the fellows of the Tarmac Yacht Club .
All great fun !!
Just saw the lake on TV, sure looks different, 10X the size, brown and flowing at 30kts+
Oct 21, 2018, 12:53 AM
Registered User
limodune's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith1
Wow ... nice storm this afternoon. Check the reading of how much the wind was gusting to at 1320 hours ...
We had a lot more wind than that in town

mike
Nov 27, 2018, 04:09 AM
Registered User
GREAT RC MODEL HELICOPTER 3D INDOOR FLIGHT


Don't try this at home !


GREAT RC MODEL HELICOPTER 3D INDOOR FLIGHT!! MIRKO CESENA WITH MIKADO LOGO 700 (5 min 37 sec)
Nov 28, 2018, 04:13 PM
Warbird nut
Amazing ... Impressive skills ... I wonder if it can fly like a real helicopter as well? Excellent video Graeme. Cheers.
Dec 06, 2018, 07:05 AM
Captain Kangaroo
raybaines's Avatar
Wow ... just ... Wow !!!
Members presented a simply astonishing display at the Bunnings Christmas Family Night this evening.
A really happy event with a large turnout of visitors ... keeping us all busy during the display.
Well done to the members who attended ... It could not happen without your support !!
Dec 06, 2018, 03:23 PM
Another Aussie
REX09's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybaines
Wow ... just ... Wow !!!
Members presented a simply astonishing display at the Bunnings Christmas Family Night this evening.
A really happy event with a large turnout of visitors ... keeping us all busy during the display.
Well done to the members who attended ... It could not happen without your support !!
Good show Chaps might have to add a "Y" in the TARMAC name to include the sail boat, maybe TARMACY
Dec 07, 2018, 06:28 PM
Captain Kangaroo
raybaines's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX09
Good show Chaps might have to add a "Y" in the TARMAC name to include the sail boat, maybe TARMACY
Toowoomba Amateur Radio Model Aero & Aquatic Club .... (Just joking !!!)
Dec 07, 2018, 08:07 PM
Another Aussie
REX09's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybaines
Toowoomba Amateur Radio Model Aero & Aquatic Club .... (Just joking !!!)
Very tempting, given that someone at our club must have really up set the weather god Luck I have a do list at home
Dec 07, 2018, 08:51 PM
Captain Kangaroo
raybaines's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX09
Very tempting, given that someone at our club must have really up set the weather god Luck I have a do list at home
Yeah ... I know ...
Another great day ... only 48 km/h from the East.
Looks about the same for tomorrow !!!
Last edited by raybaines; Dec 08, 2018 at 03:52 AM.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools