General Disussion - Page 2 - RC Groups

TARMAC (Toowoomba Amateur Radio Model Aero Club) (Vale View, Queensland, Australia)

Jun 18, 2017, 07:02 AM
Captain Kangaroo
Congratulations to the members of the Warwick Aero Modellers group !!!
Several of our TARMAC members motored across to Warwick to attend the official opening of their new field.
As usual we were made to feel most welcome and thoroughly enjoyed our visit.
Member Ken Hope even featured in the prize draw .... part of which was a selection of beauty products !!!
We will have to judge the results of this over the coming weeks .... but somehow I have my doubts ...
Anyhow ... again , well done chaps and I hope we can come again soon for a further visit.

Ray.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2017, 07:08 AM
Bunnings Night Thursday 31/08/2017

Time to strut our stuff.
Oct 26, 2017, 08:08 AM
So you'd like to be a bird?

I went out on our front patio today (Thursday 26/10/2017) to take some pictures of the hail storm we were having. Much of the hail was golf ball size and some of it was even larger.

As I watched three birds flew over in formation at around forty feet up. Then without warning one of them fell headlong into the ground. The hail was really pelting down heavy and hard so I did not venture out. The plover looked dead from where I stood, so I made a point of not including it in the pictures.

After being pelted with hail for about five minutes, it started to wake up, another five minutes after that and it stood up. It then wobbled around looking lost for quite a spell before it flew away.

This is the first time I have witnessed anything like that.
It looks like it is not all beer and skittles being a bird.
Oct 27, 2017, 05:25 AM
Warbird nut
I was going to hail a taxi yesterday but mother nature beat me to it !
Nov 02, 2017, 06:23 PM
Captain Kangaroo
Members and friends came over last night for a workshop evening ....
What a great way to bring our group together with the sharing of ideas and skills.
All great fun !!

Ray.
Last edited by raybaines; Nov 02, 2017 at 11:50 PM.
Nov 03, 2017, 03:41 AM
Captain Kangaroo
Now you know why I have christened her "Old Oily".
The old Gipsy Major ..... Oil in the motor .... Oil on the floor !!!
All great fun.
Last edited by raybaines; Nov 03, 2017 at 04:48 AM.
Nov 03, 2017, 04:39 AM
Warbird nut
Sorry I missed what looked like a great night. Now you know that I have holidays coming up in approx 5 weeks Ray and I see that Hurricane patiently sitting there on your bench .... lol ... one day soon maybe . Nice work. Photos looked great. Thanks for posting.