This thread is privately moderated by Pat Lynch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 09, 2016, 01:59 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Thread OP
Discussion

A new Beginning......

Hello all. After the topsy-turvy start to 2016, life has slowly started to assume something close to normalcy. Normal, but lacking at least one major activity, - RC Modelling Not that I have given up on this great hobby but rather, it has been put on hold while I sort out more immediate aspects of my disrupted life!

The biggest change, is my planning for a permanent return to my home country - New Zealand! This has been an intention for some time now and having found a suitable situation in New Zealand where I can live and continue my various hobbies, I am now faced with the huge task of moving ESSENTIAL personal stuff to a new country.

Moving house is never an easy or stress-free task, but I have made the bold decision to virtually 'Start all over again' - quite a bold decision. I feel that fresh start in ALL aspects of my life will help to clear the air, renew my enthusiasm for modelling, art, music and all the other aspects of living that are important to me.

Having made that decision, there is much to do - finish renovating my home for sale, transporting want-to-keep items to New Zealand, disposing of furniture and household good not wanted in my new life, AND, of more relevance here - what to do with the finished models (and unfinished ones) that are rather delicate to move - esp. several of them.

It is with a lot of reservation, but consistent with the 'New Start' reasoning, I am offering ALL my current projects for sale
This incudes the well-known 1/6 Fokker D.VII, Polikarpov PO-2, The Great Lakes Trainer, Ryan PT-22 AND sadly, the unfinished Avro Anson The latter particularly was a hard decision but I've thought about it very carefully, and hope someone may wish to continue the project with more enthusiasm, than I

So, I'm offering the Fokker D.VII and the unfinished Anson for sale at $500 each - including motors, batteries and receiver (if wanted) any plans and in the case of the ANSON, the remaining parts and reference materials. The other - Polikarpov, GLT and Ryan are negotiable but $50 each (or an offer) would be OK. Most of the money will go to a charity I support as will the sale of my furniture later!

So, there we have it! The big Nieuport N11 is spoken for as are most of my larger workshop items such as lathe, drill press etc. The remaining materials, parts, kits, plans and books will go with me.

I'll post a similar, more concise thread on my favourite forum, https://www.rcgroups.com/scale-kit-scratch-built-886/
shortly! Anyone interested in any of the above models can PM or post their interest in the forum.

Sad but new and ultimately, exciting times

Pat
Latest blog entry: 2019 Already.....
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2017, 10:21 AM
Parkcityflier

Welcome back

Pat, I know that this is a bit late to be responding to this blog because I hadn't kept up with your life issues. Like you, I lost what was my life when my wife, too, was called away. There didn't seem a lot of purpose for me and my airplane modeling went into hibernation. Like you, now, I have also made my move to a new place and now that I am finally settled in I'm waking up my sleeping modeling projects and once again getting on with my life, doing the things hat I love most. My wife would have had it no other way. I've really missed following along on your great projects and I'm happy for you that you will be back again, and for me, happy to being able to follow their progress.
Welcome back, Pat

Jim

Quick Reply