This thread is privately moderated by mfwilliams, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 09, 2016, 11:11 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
Discussion

Northwest 2016 Day 5

Wednesday Day 5
Winch Doc met us at Char-Burger for breakfast at 8AM. After a hearty meal we headed out for the 2-1/2 hour drive to Tri-cities (Richland, Pasco, Kennewick) for a day at Eagle Butte.
When we arrived at Eagle the wind was about 20 mph and rising. Temps were in the 70’s. A beautiful change from the light wind and 100 deg temps we had seen this week in the Gorge.
The lift stayed great, eventually the wind increased to the 40’s. Outside of a couple minor rain showers, the flying was “epic”. Everyone flew everything they had and flew until they couldn’t see straight. As more rain threatened, the temps dropping to 65 and the wind now howling, we packed up with smiles on our faces and started back for Hood River. After a dinner at the Full Sail brewery,
we marked this up as a nearly perfect day and called it a night.
Last edited by mfwilliams; Jun 16, 2016 at 05:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2016, 12:47 PM
The corn looks like it's coming up nicely, three weeks ago at the 6pack, there was nothing even showing yet.
Glad you guys had an epic day, they seem to happen quite often at Eagle...
Jun 09, 2016, 05:55 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
It was great fun flying with you guys! I'm glad you got a chance to get some "very good" conditions at EB.
I spent the night in Kennewick and flew in the AM from 7:30 to 10:00
Put a lot of time on the Gizmo, as well as the Espadita.
I still like the Espadita for one of the best all-rounder sailplanes that you can actually get.

Doug

Quick Reply