Sep 27, 2017, 04:36 AM
O yes it will. Dipole on RX. 2 W booster on TX.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2017, 09:38 AM
Corsair Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by george formby
O yes it will. Dipole on RX. 2 W booster on TX.
Do tell.. I would love to be able to get that kind of range on this thing. I bought it for the RTH in case I lose video, but video has out distanced the plane.
Sep 27, 2017, 09:48 AM
i'm curious also!
Sep 27, 2017, 12:17 PM
This is 350 QX. Champ is almost identical bit of copper wire. Replace with homemade dipole.
Sep 27, 2017, 01:21 PM
FA34HM3YC7
You have to have something to connect to in order to make a dipole. Any help there?
Sep 27, 2017, 01:30 PM
ENGLISH NOT British
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammied
I see a lot of people don't wan't/or use the gps feature. To me that's the selling point. The UMX Timber is a WAY better fling airplane in every aspect if someone wants a trainer without gps. The Timber is ALOT more forgiving and stable and it really shows in slow flight.

IMHO no reason to buy the Champ S+ over the Timber if your not going to use/maintain the gps of the Champ S+

Thats what sold it to me pal..........................but when ya see the bird take over and go for a flight on own watched through my fpv goggles and you have no control...THEN you realise its safer with the gps off IMHO
Sep 27, 2017, 01:31 PM
The 2 little soldering pads each side is the ground. XX
Sep 27, 2017, 01:42 PM
ENGLISH NOT British
Last edited by Cozzy123; Sep 27, 2017 at 01:48 PM.
Sep 28, 2017, 04:31 AM
YouTube vid doing antenna mod to 350 QX.
Champ mod is almost the same.
Blade 350QX short RC range fix - external extended RC aerial - doubled range test distance (5 min 12 sec)
Sep 28, 2017, 10:51 AM
Corsair Captain
Even doubling the distance might get you a half mile, but no where near 1 mile or even 2.5.
Sep 28, 2017, 11:04 AM
Thank you so much for your superior knowledge.
Sep 28, 2017, 11:46 AM
Corsair Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by george formby
Thank you so much for your superior knowledge.
It's COMMON knowledge. No where near superior. But go ahead and prove me wrong. Nothing would make me more happy. Then nice thing about it is if you don't get the range then it should come back. I have other planes and quads that are set up for long range and that includes the Arkbird Antenna Tracker set up and even then I'm pushing it to get 1.5 miles without antenna mods to the JR X9503. I get better range with my Taranis and L9R long range receiver on a 6 foot flying wing. The video starts to get poor around 1.5 miles with a 200mW VTX and a 10 turn helical combined with a patch on the antenna tracker. Now I know I can mess around with other antennas and get more range, but I don't care to fly further than that anyways.
Sep 28, 2017, 12:22 PM
Thanks pal. Will keep you updated.
Oct 23, 2017, 04:49 PM
Anyone been able to get telem data? It says "telementry" when binding, and has a GPS so thought might be able to get some good info, alt, distance, etc...

But haven't been able to get anything other than speed to show up. Every other telem option reads -----

Plane might not even be sending back telem, but figured one of you might know. Thanks!

Quick Reply