Jul 04, 2016, 01:11 PM
DLG Addict
Still working on the build for this, but it is going fine so far. I found that it is possible to fit 2 D188 wide-ways in the fuse, just barely! A slight tilt towards center is required. A Turnigy round 900mah up front and 6260 Rx in back, leaves room for ballast insertion.

I like the D188. I have used a bunch in spring/string configuration and never had one fail, and they are usually a reasonable fit in most fuses. They are strong enough and accurate enough to work with the short elevator horns that I usually end up with. That said, I have no experience with the D47 outside of the Elf, they may be just as good.

Jason
Last edited by Scrib; Jul 04, 2016 at 06:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2016, 04:05 PM
Aurora Builder
D47's are hands down the best analog servos in this size class. On pull-spring, they are a great choice. One issue in the states is they aren't stocked by most hobby shops locally or online, so require special order from diamond direct. Not that the KST etc. are much better.

I prefer a digital on elevator; the JR 188 series is good, as are the Airtronics 94800's on pull spring, the DS285 is hard to beat on a pushrod but is very bulky for something like a Flitz 2, but for rudder analog is perfectly fine for 90% of launchers, and saves on power draw.
Jul 05, 2016, 07:43 AM

Lucky and Flitz v2 Strong enough

Just feel lucky that I would like to report that the V2 is not just a very good flying , it is also strong enough to spend a almost 24 hours on a tree and still recover practically no damage.

This is my primary DLG now at [email protected] even in moderate windy condition....I just feel that I got it back.

Jonathan
Jul 05, 2016, 09:26 AM
Auger up & out, not down & in!
Scrib, I don't believe I have ever seen servos mounted in that manner......quite unique! After thinking about it and doing some measuring I may just go with a tandem mount. I currently fly a Flitz at 238g with my current favorite fuse servos 94800's with a cg of 68mm. It flies awesome at that weight! If my Flitz 2 builds out anywhere near that I will be happy! I'll post some pictures when I'm done, Tom
Jul 09, 2016, 03:34 PM
DLG Addict
Almost finished. Just need to install the blade.

Looks like AUW will be 235g. This includes 14g of lead to get the CG to 70mm. (900mAh 1s in nose). Maybe this is too forward, will have to check and see.

Hoping to maiden tomorrow.

Jason

--UPDATED with photos. Also, AUW is actually 234g, opted for CA only peg install to see how it goes, saved a gram or so.
Last edited by Scrib; Jul 09, 2016 at 05:33 PM.
Jul 09, 2016, 04:59 PM
C'mon Jason, finish it up already! We need flight reports! Hey, if I can't fly one for myself, at least I can READ about someone flying one

Meanwhile, I'm watching the wind blow 20 MPH outside for the last few days. Doesn't look to improve at all this week, either.
Jul 09, 2016, 07:50 PM
Slope-a-Dope
@ Jason - are both strings through the same tube? And is the tube just long enough to get aft of the pod area? ...or past the wing? Tube CA'd to the wall?
TIA - Steve
Jul 10, 2016, 05:54 AM
DLG Addict
Drew, working on it! Maiden this morning.

Steve, I use two pieces of tubing, one for each string. They are just stubs about an inch long, to get the strings near the fuse wall and out of the way of ballast. I glue the tubes together first, and then attach to the fuse. Be sure to place them such that the strings can be threaded through the aft side with tweezers. Don't let the strings cross/twist with each other, bad for control!

Jason
Jul 10, 2016, 06:45 AM
Wayne Wimbish
Is it not possible to put the Rx in front of the servos in this fuse?
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Jul 10, 2016, 07:03 AM
Should be able to. Since the fuse is the same as the original Flitz, except the canopy opening is a little shorter, it should be wide enough to fit both. Here's my original Flitz with the Rx up front:
Jul 10, 2016, 07:52 AM
DLG Addict
I think the new pod area is smaller than Flitz classic. Maybe due to nose-cone design or something. I was not able to fit the 700mah Venom flat cell into the F2 nose, which did fit fine in the classic Flitz that I recently put together. Using a round cell, it is hard to pack a 6260 sufficiently far into the nose to allow for reasonable servo replacement. I probably just didn't try enough batteries to get the right size/shape to accommodate the Rx. Also could have opted for in-line servo placement and maybe had the Rx along the side of the servos. So many choices.

Went early to the field this morning to maiden. Got there. Plugged up and boom... one of the X08 was non responsive. &^^%$#. I power cycled, still nothing. Servo energized, but locked in center position. De-energize and move the flap by hand, re-energize and it starts working. For about a minute. Rinse and repeat a couple of times and I decided to pack it in. Thanks X08.
I must be doing something wrong with these. I have installed many servos... many. But this makes 4 out of 5 X08 that I have installed with failures. My NXT is grounded because I gave up on the wing servos. Thought I would over-come my bad luck on this build. Not so.
Of course, back at Scrib-lab diagnostic super-center, I can't get it to fail now. Maybe it is just breaking-in. Ha. If it causes any more trouble I'm going to get some bubble covers and go back to trusty DS09. Grrrrrr.
Jul 10, 2016, 08:36 AM
french team pilote
Hi ,
I now that , I have the same problem and it s why I passed on mks
Jul 10, 2016, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre39
Hi ,
I now that , I have the same problem and it s why I passed on mks
Do you mean "passed on KST"? The X08's are from KST, not MKS.

Jason, that absolutely sucks. I had a few issues with my X08s (not the newest ones), so I've been going with MKS for my last two planes. I figure trying to save $60 total on 4 servos in a $1000 ship just isn't worth it.
Jul 10, 2016, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrib
I think the new pod area is smaller than Flitz classic. Maybe due to nose-cone design or something. I was not able to fit the 700mah Venom flat cell into the F2 nose, which did fit fine in the classic Flitz that I recently put together.
Yikes, if that's true, I may not be able to use the same battery/Rx combo that I used for my last Flitz as it barely fit to begin with. Less space = no bueno.
Jul 10, 2016, 10:07 AM
ET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrib
I'm going to get some bubble covers.
I want some of those too. Where do you get them?

Eric

Quick Reply