Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYNC
What color is left
Red and pink
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2016, 12:00 AM

My best calm/dead air DLG todate

I am lucky to have this, expertly build by my buddy. ( Post #7 )
Jun 22, 2016, 12:04 PM
Auger up & out, not down & in!
Oleg, Is the red #3 still available? Tom
Jun 22, 2016, 12:52 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDOF3K
Oleg, Is the red #3 still available? Tom
#4 (red) and #7 (pink) available
Jun 22, 2016, 01:07 PM
Auger up & out, not down & in!
I'll take #4, send me a email at home! Tom ([email protected] )
Jun 22, 2016, 01:29 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDOF3K
I'll take #4, send me a email at home! Tom ([email protected] )
OK, great, thanks!
Jun 24, 2016, 04:49 AM

Hi all, I'm 1st timer in RCgroups…

Beauties n the beast…been with her few weeks…most of the time flow in evening till no light …what i can say is cup of my coffee ! Prefer move around then hanging in light lift. Superb in penetration n thermal climbing. Average 56~60+m launch. Auw 242g CG70mm. still need more time to bonding n make a good Love with her…😆
Jun 24, 2016, 04:51 AM
Yes you are a pretty ugly beast, luckily the beautiful plane saved the photos.

...and what's that about making love to your plane?? see you soon bud
Jun 24, 2016, 05:26 AM
Don't jealous Thomas…all my dlgs is my lover ! Lolol…
Jun 24, 2016, 07:30 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc77
Beauties n the beast…been with her few weeks…most of the time flow in evening till no light …what i can say is cup of my coffee ! Prefer move around then hanging in light lift. Superb in penetration n thermal climbing. Average 56~60+m launch. Auw 242g CG70mm. still need more time to bonding n make a good Love with her…😆
Welcome to RCGroups!
You have a beautiful Flitz-2. I already stole your pics from Facebook and posted a couple earlier
Jun 24, 2016, 07:40 AM
DLG Addict
Just started looking at and assembling the Flitz 2 kit.

A couple of things I noted so far:

- wing-fuse connection is very good, really nice fit - front and rear cowlings fit very well with fuse, almost no seam.
- stab-mount is pre-cut in the back to allow elevator horn access. I pre-installed a tubing for the string exit into fuse before attaching stab-mount to ensure enough clearance for the horn/string when pulling forward.
- Wing is absolutely gorgeous - two-tone paint makes the design pop really well. Surface finish is awesome.
- Slip-on nose cone is really nice, stays firmly in place.

I noted that there is some Teflon-ish tubing included in the Flitz2 parts bag... is this for something in particular or just to use as required for tail-springs, string routing in fuse, etc?

I'll be trying to fit 2 x 188, AR 6260, and 600mah lipo into the fuse - we'll see how it goes. It doesn't appear significantly smaller than normal Flitz fuse from current production models.

Looking forward to getting this one in the air.

Jason
Jun 24, 2016, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
Welcome to RCGroups!
You have a beautiful Flitz-2. I already stole your pics from Facebook and posted a couple earlier
Hi Olgol, Thks ! No worries nice n good to share the beauties…V2 really have nice looking n finishing ! So far already build x3 flitz v2. Really enjoy it…😇
Jun 24, 2016, 08:49 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrib
Just started looking at and assembling the Flitz 2 kit.

A couple of things I noted so far:

- wing-fuse connection is very good, really nice fit - front and rear cowlings fit very well with fuse, almost no seam.
- stab-mount is pre-cut in the back to allow elevator horn access. I pre-installed a tubing for the string exit into fuse before attaching stab-mount to ensure enough clearance for the horn/string when pulling forward.
- Wing is absolutely gorgeous - two-tone paint makes the design pop really well. Surface finish is awesome.
- Slip-on nose cone is really nice, stays firmly in place.

I noted that there is some Teflon-ish tubing included in the Flitz2 parts bag... is this for something in particular or just to use as required for tail-springs, string routing in fuse, etc?

I'll be trying to fit 2 x 188, AR 6260, and 600mah lipo into the fuse - we'll see how it goes. It doesn't appear significantly smaller than normal Flitz fuse from current production models.

Looking forward to getting this one in the air.

Jason
Jason, I suspect the teflon tubing is for routing cables under the wing. I personally do not use tubing at all when running control cables. Only small bits near the servo to move the cable to the fuselage wall maybe.
Jun 24, 2016, 10:49 AM
DLG Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
Only small bits near the servo to move the cable to the fuselage wall maybe.
Yeah, that's what I had in mind-

Thanks for getting back to me.

J
Jun 24, 2016, 02:33 PM
what makes that thing go
For once I took my time kitting one of these out, and I still managed to put the elevator on upside down. I was bumming out about the elevator till I maidened it last night in between a couple rain clouds.

I modified the vert. for rudderless, with weight at 216.7 grams with CG at 67. The handling is very familiar to my original Flitz, the bouyancy, and penetration seems great for the weight.

I'm looking forward to this weekend getting more airtime in, this little bird seems like it will be a treat for sure.

Quick Reply