Aug 31, 2016, 02:12 PM
I mean that with a high probability a problem with the servo. temperature drift. exacerbates effect it size servo horn. if you do not use the entire servo travel.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2016, 07:30 PM
Mike M.
Happy to report that I flew my new Flitz-2 in 24 of the 26 rounds of the USA TS event this past weekend, and grabbed the #2 spot on the team. I know the plane is only one piece of the puzzle. But it is an important piece, and I feel obligated to give at least some credit to this one. I think it was the only one of it's breed on the field, and I was pleased with the well rounded performance. Especially without spending a lot of time getting to know it first (only a few practice sessions). The 2 is definitely more frisky and maneuverable than the 1, meaning super quick and tight turns with minimal control input. I just think about wrapping up in a tight thermal, and it does it. I had to dial up the dual rates and add more expo than normal, but like the balance I found, and the capability it holds in reserve. It will certainly circle on a wing tip if you want it to (which I sometimes do), but also floats a big lazy circle in slightly positive or neutral air very well. No, it isn't the magic cure for staying up in sink, but as advertised I notice very little difference in "floatability" between the 1 and 2. It seemed to hang in the flat Muncie air as well as anything there, and would still move out and penetrate when asked. Conditions never clearly called for much ballast. I questioned it a few times, but never flew with any (my empty weight is 240g). Overall I think this is a very good design, and a high quality kit. I think the 2 is a relatively small yet noticeable improvement over the 1 (and I am a fan of the 1). Good stuff.
Last edited by like.2.fly; Sep 06, 2016 at 07:42 PM.
Sep 07, 2016, 07:41 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Congrats to Mike for making the USA team with a Flitz-2!
Thanks for your report, Mike.
I was quite impressed with your stable results in Muncie, you just kept getting high scores one after another. Every time I saw your Flitz-2 in the air, it was either high or circling in a gentle thermal, going up. Even when at low altitudes, many times I saw you make it work. Great flying.

--
Sep 07, 2016, 10:38 AM
Auger up & out, not down & in!
That looks like a Flitz's classic Mike is holding! Tom
Sep 07, 2016, 11:24 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
True.
Mike was flying his white top Flitz-2 all of the contest.
I guess he wanted to support the classic Flitz more so he used that for the picture
Sep 07, 2016, 11:41 AM
hot air rises...
My guess is that he had the white topped F2 taken apart when the call for pictures came up. Or Mike was just too sick to care (he was running a high fever at the time).

Regardless of the picture, I can attest to him flying the F2 almost every round. It performed very well for him!
Sep 07, 2016, 11:51 AM
Time for me to Fly...
I predict F2 sales will be going up shortly. Oleg, you'd better stock up.
Sep 07, 2016, 11:52 AM
I'm not as bad as they say.
I believe Mike flew Flitz original at least two rounds.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Sep 07, 2016, 01:42 PM
He did. They both flew well. Having flown a lot with Mike, he flies anything well. And he's flown most of the current crop of high end planes.
Sep 07, 2016, 03:44 PM
Mike M.
Yes, unfortunately my F2 was already disassembled and packed when this pic was taken. So I grabbed the F1. Then accidentally hid my face with the wing tip (I thought the pic was coming from a different angle). And yes, I was too tired and sick to care at the time. But I did fly that F1 in two of the early morning rounds, and it did well. I will take a pic of my F2 and post it when I get it put back together again (haven't even opened my sportube yet). It has the full white wing top, and bright orange tails and trim. Highly visible.
Sep 07, 2016, 11:12 PM
Hi Mike,

Congrats on the contest! Awesome job!

Let me know when you're ready to upgrade again, I already own your F1, it would be great to add your F2 into the quiver...lol

Cheers,

John
Sep 12, 2016, 08:31 AM
Certifiable User
We just finished our 2 day contest here in Seattle. The Flitz 2 flew great for me and got me to a close 3rd place right behind Dave Banks. It is really such an easy model to fly. Great launch, moves around the field like nothing else and almost circles itself. During flyoffs I was able to get it up to 70+ meters a couple times so that was exciting too. I feel like I need another

Lee
Sep 12, 2016, 01:35 PM
Blind Hawk
Lee,

Please tell how you knew in the contest you hit 70 meters

Rj
Sep 12, 2016, 01:52 PM
Certifiable User
Rick, I couldn't help it... I pulled the switch a couple times
Sep 12, 2016, 04:10 PM
Lee,

Post the NW AULD rules in the thread that Finch started about "games".

GG

Quick Reply