Jun 07, 2016, 06:28 PM
RATOR661
Thread OP
Help!

Need help with My New F22 Rapter.

I just got my electric F22 made by HSD. Has a 6 ch controller. I have all the electronics. Servos, radio, one brushless motor etc etc...
Didnt come with a charger. What type of charger do I need to get for it?
And by the way, I should mention this is my first RC plane. Its a decent size plane roughly 3ft long and is about 2ft 4 inches from wing tip to wing tip.
It has two sets of wing flaps. The ones on the main wings and another set on the horizon wings in the back.
I have no idea how to fly it. I have spent a few hours on flight simulators. Ive gotten good with the simulator but Im sure its more complicated flying a real RC plane.
Its a foam body and required some basic assembly. Got it put together but need some help setting the servos correctly and I have a couple other questions as well in regards to hooking up the electronics. Dont want to type all that. If anyone is willing to help out a new comer to the RC plane community I would highly appreciate your time.
I can be contacted via email or by phone.

Im available anytime, anyday.
In advance I want to Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Rapter661; Jun 08, 2016 at 09:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2016, 06:35 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Similar to Reptar?

Jun 07, 2016, 06:38 PM
Read up here first,

Challenger413
Jun 07, 2016, 07:06 PM
RATOR661
Thread OP
All of them or is there ones i should pay extra attention to?
Jun 07, 2016, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapter661
I just got my electric F22 made by HSD. Has a 6 ch controller. I have all the electronics. Servos, radio, one brushless motor etc etc...
And by the way, I should mention this is my first RC plane. Its a decent size plane roughly 3ft long and is about 2ft 4 inches from wing tip to wing tip.
It has two sets of wing flaps. The ones on the main wings and another set on the horizon wings in the back.
I have no idea how to fly it. I have spent a few hours on flight simulators. Ive gotten good with the simulator but Im sure its more complicated flying a real RC plane.
Its a foam body and required some basic assembly. Got it put together but need some help setting the servos correctly and I have a couple other questions as well in regards to hooking up the electronics. Dont want to type all that. If anyone is willing to help out a new comer to the RC plane community I would highly appreciate your time.
Paul @ (661)418-4147
Very nice. Once you have it built up properly ; hang it somewhere and don't think about flying it. As each day goes by that you have not flown it , the more you will love this hobby.

Next , buy another plane . A civilian plane with a high wing. Practice on that for a few months .
Jun 07, 2016, 07:27 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Paul @ (661)418-4147
If there is no one ( with RC flying experience ) who can help you where you live , I STRONGLY recommend starting with a trainer before attempting to fly your F22 Raptor . A good trainer is able to fly slowly , and will stay right-side-up on its own . You could use the transmitter and receiver that came with the F22 . If you like , I can make some recommendations for a good trainer .

In the mean time , read up on RC flying terminology and how everything works . For example , the wing flaps on the main wing are called 'ailerons' , and they control roll . The flaps on the rear ( horizontal stabilizer ) are called 'elevator' , and they control pitch . If a plane has a rudder attached to the ( rear ) vertical stabilizer , it controls yaw - and the rudder servo sometimes also controls a steerable nose wheel for making turns on the ground .
Jun 07, 2016, 07:30 PM
The good thing is if you fly that thing you'll get some repair experience right after your 7 and a half second maiden flight.
Last edited by ApexpredatorGT; Jun 07, 2016 at 07:43 PM.
Jun 07, 2016, 07:31 PM
RATOR661
Thread OP
Im open for Any and all advice or reccomendations.
Jun 07, 2016, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Don't mean to sound rude but every other week there is a inexperienced member starting a new thread with a title similar to yours. The best thing you can do for your wallet, happiness, and ego is to start with a high wing trainer.
Jun 07, 2016, 07:51 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Do you live in the USA , Canada , Europe , Australia ? Knowing where you live helps us in making recommendations for things that will be available to you where you live .

A very good inexpensive trainer that's widely available is the Slow Stick . This page also gives you electronics recommendations for the Slow Stick :
http://www.headsuphobby.com/GWS-Slow...tem-GWS103.htm

Here is a decent Slow Stick flight :

GWS Slow Stick (8 min 14 sec)
Jun 07, 2016, 08:35 PM
RATOR661
Thread OP
I live in Southern California
Jun 07, 2016, 09:08 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
I live in Southern California
OK , you can order online from HeadsUp RC ( linked in my previous post ) , HobbyKing USA West warehouse , HobbyPartz , NitroPlanes , Horizon Hobby , Tower Hobbies and others - they all ship to anywhere in the USA .

Another option for a trainer is getting a plane from FliteTest . They are inexpensive and made of foam board ; and if you trace the foam parts for templates , you can make unlimited additional airframes ( the part that breaks in a crash ) out of Dollar Tree Store foam board for $1 or $2 per airframe . This is THREE airframes for $33 :
http://store.flitetest.com/3-pack-sw...eed-build-kit/

If you're not interested in building FliteTest planes , HeadsUp RC , HobbyKing , Horizon Hobby , Tower Hobbies and NitroPlanes all have receiver ready trainer planes that just need your receiver and a battery installed .
Jun 07, 2016, 10:41 PM
^^^^

And www.motionrc.com excellent service, knowledgeable staff, fast shipping, and very competitive prices

Also, dude you have your phone number on your post. Is this the first time you've been on the internet? Edit and remove that info
Jun 08, 2016, 09:48 AM
Oh, and don't forget to register with the FAA.
Jun 08, 2016, 10:03 AM
A man with too many toys
Another first time flyer with a big EDF jet. Does that story sound familiar?

Join the local RC club. Most of them have club trainers. Your profile is blank so we have no idea where you live. If you are in my area you can join our club as it has a couple of excellent trainers to get you started.

Yes you need to get a trainer and get real good at flying it before attempting your F22. If you go about it correctly you will be able to successfully fly the F22 someday. I think that it should be your third airplane. First a good trainer with ailerons. Then a propeller warbird. Then the F22. That’s is you are a really good pilot. For many of it would take a couple of years of flying and half a dozen airplanes before we would be ready for an F22 EDF.

Quick Reply