Jun 07, 2016, 10:31 AM
Expert At Rapid Deconstruction
Thread OP
Discussion

Wilson Fall Fun Fly 2 (WF3)

I propose a 2nd annual Wilson Fall Fun Fly. If my memory serves me well, last year at the (1st annual?) WF3 we had between 12 and 15 pilots show up for some great Wilson flying.

So I say... "Let's do it again!"

Last year WF3 was held on Columbus Day weekend which seemed to work out fine. So, unless there's a strong feeling to move the dates of the (non)event, I proposed we hold on the weekend of Oct 7th - 9th.

Post you thoughts. I look forward to seeing you at the 2nd annual WF3 this fall.

(WF3 is really a non-event where slope pilots who enjoy flying at Wilson, particularly with other similarly inclined pilots, just show up and fly. There's no registration. No fees. No organization. Just a weekend of flying pleasure with friends. 'hope to see you there!)

... Greg
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2016, 10:50 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Count me in

Mark
Jun 08, 2016, 08:37 AM
NY Slope Dog
Oct 7-9 works for me. Schedule marked and looking forward.

Joe
Jun 08, 2016, 08:54 AM
I'll be there.

Chance
Jun 08, 2016, 03:54 PM
How's going with that Rodent?

LP
Jun 08, 2016, 09:18 PM
Where's the wind?
Hopefully I'll be able to make it as well. October is a long way off though so who knows at this time what my schedule will be. On the Calendar for now.

Andrew
Jun 11, 2016, 10:49 AM
Fly like you can still see it

Columbus Day weekend at Wilson Lake

That schedule looks good to me.
Marked on my calendar.
Yay-o-yay.
// Dave

Jun 18, 2016, 08:07 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
I found something that might be fun to try. This is powered night combat, anybody ever tried night slope combat?

Thursday Nite Combat Start (5 min 55 sec)
Jun 21, 2016, 10:26 PM
And Repairs
I'll be there. Looking forward to flying with you guys again.
Ty
Jun 22, 2016, 09:09 PM
NY Slope Dog

Night combat

Mark,

We messed around with some glo sticks a few times. Mike DS'd the dam in the dark with Ian and Andrew. I think the Colorado guys do a lot of night ops.

Normally after a full day's flying I'm ready for a meal and shower to get the sunscreen and sand out of my ears so I never really stuck around for the nighttime antics.

Joe
Jun 22, 2016, 10:09 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Joe,

That makes sense to me. I'm not getting any younger and I am beat at the end of a day of flying too.

Besides, I would have to figure out lighting systems for planes, then buy it, then install it, then figure out what I did wrong, etc...

Mark
Jul 03, 2016, 05:18 PM
Thread OP
If you fly “drones” and have a “full scale” pilot’s certificate, be careful! Avweb.com reports that Ralph Rebaya, a Californian, has become the first pilot to have his private pilot certificate revoked for allegedly operating a drone illegally where the FAA feels he allegedly violated about 20 conditions of his FAA exemption for drone operation.
Jul 03, 2016, 08:48 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Kind of a specialized case. He flys "drones" as camera ships for movies and it sounds like he hit an FAA guy with a hard on for him, but we are also only seeing one side of the story.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news...-226502-1.html

Thanks for pointing this one out
Jul 12, 2016, 07:58 AM
Thread OP
I'd like to open a discussion of potentially moving this year's WF3 one week(end) later: Oct 14 - 16 instead of Columbus Day weekend: Oct 7-9. What do you think?

... Greg
Jul 12, 2016, 09:05 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Either weekend works for me

Quick Reply