Sep 23, 2019, 02:12 AM

Q6Pro magic smoke

The transistor in my Q6 Pro burned out. Track, to gate of nearby mosfet, under it, is damaged, but I think, a am try to repair it. I did not find other cases failures of this transistor. All fuses is alive. Schematic of my device slightly differs from all pictures in this topic. By pictures, model of this transistor TDM3436, but the remains of this device are more like NCPE40T15G (it is can conduct more Ids current).
Can someone suggest the type, marking, of this transistor?
Last edited by Romych; Sep 23, 2019 at 07:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2019, 04:10 PM
I am repair it tonight with common, cheap IRFZ44N in TO-220 package. Just solder a short wire to G(ate) and bending D(rain) and S(ource) leads. This displaced in the air flow from fan. But I think, charger should not be beyond my control during use.
Sep 25, 2019, 11:16 PM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romych
I am repair it tonight with common, cheap IRFZ44N in TO-220 package. Just solder a short wire to G(ate) and bending D(rain) and S(ource) leads. This displaced in the air flow from fan. But I think, charger should not be beyond my control during use.
Funny you mention that FET, just out of collage (1981 at age 17), I started racing rc on-road cars, we used power resistors to control speed with a stupid servo and wiper arm, shortly after that FET electronic speed controls (ESC) came out, $60 for sport and $300 for racer version!, the only difference was the fets! My college friend worked for NI, and he tested fets, I got a databook, picked the best power fet, yep, IRFZ44, he got me ~80pc bag of them, I been using them for decades, great fets. I started killing them with my high rpm project, (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...000-RPM-motors). The coil kickback was avalanching the fet beyond its capability=death, lol.

I just bought IRFZ48N 50Pc for $11 shipped https://www.ebay.com/itm/50Pcs-Power...72.m2749.l2649
Oct 09, 2019, 01:41 PM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_nj
Very nice and thank you for sharing.
I use FMA chargers and love the node only charging feature they offer.

Have a good holiday!
Bob
The GT1000 charger (40A FMA charger) only does 2A max charge w/o balance leads on LiPo and Li-Ion (didn't try other modes), a bit disappointing, but not a show stopper, just inconvenienced. I have a 1S12P 28AH pack i like to charge faster than 2A, lol.

What FMA chargers are you referring to? tia
Oct 09, 2019, 01:48 PM
I use the FMA Multi 4 at the field and the Powerlab 6 in the shop.
I don't have huge packs, but they will charge over 2 amps node only.

Take care
Bob
Oct 11, 2019, 10:20 PM
Before I put in a exchange with HK, I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem,

Its a ISDT T8, just taken out of the box, started to use it and the screen goes either black or the color you see on the screen. None of my other ISDT chargers do this, common problem? or needs to be replaced? Brand new out of the box.

Oct 12, 2019, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C601
Before I put in a exchange with HK, I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem,

Its a ISDT T8, just taken out of the box, started to use it and the screen goes either black or the color you see on the screen. None of my other ISDT chargers do this, common problem? or needs to be replaced? Brand new out of the box.

This happened to me once, with a T6 lite, but went away after a restart. I haven't seen it again.
Oct 15, 2019, 08:05 PM
Does anyone charge Li-ion using these chargers such as 18500/18650s? If so is there a particular holder/board which anyone uses?
Oct 16, 2019, 04:55 PM
https://www.fasttech.com/products/14...r-18650-aa-aaa

In this universal battery holder all cells fit up to 26mm diameter and 78mm length. Enough space and thus also suitable for protected 21700 cells.
If you do not make a substructure, the cell hangs between the contacts freely in the air.
The fine contact tips are sprung and sink under pressure into the main contact. They can be used as 1s balancing contacts (4wire connection).
The minus main contact is also sprung and can be finely locked between 1 and 78mm in length.
If larger diameter cables are used for the main contacts, e.g. for discharging tests, currents up to about 20A can be sent through the contacts.
Oct 16, 2019, 05:16 PM
Awesome, thanks. Would you wire them in series or parallel and will you be able to balance the cells using this holder?
Oct 16, 2019, 05:39 PM
These holders are only used for single cells for special tests.
If I want to charge several cells at the same time, I have other modified holders with up to 4 slots in both serial and parallel versions.
I also use the SKYRC MC3000 for everyday use.

Quick Reply